PO: Night Riots - Love Gloom

dnl

Love Gloom is officially scheduled for release for this upcoming Friday, but the vinyl has been delayed to January or February of next year. There are 2 variants, each limited to 250.

Sumerian Records exclusive:

Opaque white w/ blue splatter 2xLP

NR-LoveGloom-VINYL_1024x1024.jpg?v=14762

Night Riots exclusive:

Opaque white 2xLP

Update (1/25) - 2 more variants are for retail sale:

Transparent Cloudy Clear

Opaque Blue

Edited by dnl

18 minutes ago, rawker31 said:

Just saw this today.  Wanted to pre-order along with Thomas Giles, but the shipping was awful.  I send a message requesting for more economical options.  The more people they hear from, the higher chance we can get them to follow through.

Let me know what you hear. $12.44 shipping for 1 record from Sumerian is pretty high. Shipping is about the same from the NR website, but that variant includes a poster so media mail probably isn't an option.

21 hours ago, dnl said:

Let me know what you hear. $12.44 shipping for 1 record from Sumerian is pretty high. Shipping is about the same from the NR website, but that variant includes a poster so media mail probably isn't an option.

Yeah the only shipping options for vinyl itself are 1 and 2 day shipping.  So a bit ridiculous not offering any economical options.

On 10/16/2016 at 2:21 PM, rawker31 said:

Just saw this today.  Wanted to pre-order along with Thomas Giles, but the shipping was awful.  I send a message requesting for more economical options.  The more people they hear from, the higher chance we can get them to follow through.

I also emailed asking for Media Mail. Killer Merch designed the new site and shipping has always been cheaper for records from Killer Merch. I just got PIII in the mail and they gave me a discount code and an invitation to the new store and you can't use a discount code on the new store so I'm thinking they've just got some features to work out. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I love Night Riots and I'm really excited for this record and I also want to order the new AAL from them.

If anyone is interested in their band history, this will technically be their 2nd album. They released 1 album and then 1 EP as PK. They then changed their name and released another EP. A couple of years ago, they signed to Sumerian and now have 1 EP and this album. Considering how young they were in the PK years (and the fact that they self-released and produced everything), those songs are surprisingly good. I got into them with the Lost Boys Sessions and have been hooked since. Check out the PK stuff if you can.

As PK:

Into the Roaring

Lost Boys Sessions (EP)

As Night Riots:

Young Lore (EP)

Howl (EP)

Love Gloom

Edited by dnl

I got an email back. The host that they use for their merch store does not see media mail as a viable shipping option. But the promo code option is said to be fixed (I haven't tried again). So, for $37, I just can't order this record. The shipping and price for a 49 minute 2LP is too much for me.

Just got my shipping confirmation for the Sumerian Records exclusive.

For anyone holding out, new listings for 2 new variants have popped up on Amazon at $25 each. Updated the OP.

On 10/16/2016 at 1:57 PM, dnl said:

Update (1/25) - 2 more variants are for retail sale:

Transparent Cloudy Clear

Opaque Blue