what to do?

i just got these two emails from a customer how would you guys handle it?

hi, this arrived today in bad shape. the corners all bent and

hard-creased and the spine is split. totally not cool. i would like

a refund or return/refund if you're willing to pay return shipping

too. i'm not saying it's your fault or anything, but this just ain't

cool. it ain't cool that this happened to this record or to the $00

i paid for it. hope you understand, and to hear from soon.

thanks.

to be sure, i did purchase insurance just for this reason. you

packed it well but before i even opened it i could tell it would be

damaged. what a crappy way to start the weekend, eh? also, again,

this isn't your fault, it's the post office, but i would really appreciate

your help in taking care of this. thanks

what would you guys do?

how do you file a insurance claim

that first email is a bit douchey. like he says, it wasnt your fault. if you feel you did a good packaging job, then try to help the guy get whatever usps will give for insurance, but i dont feel you owe him a refund for that. bent corners and a split spine? PLEASE. welcome to record collecting via mailorder

xxfesterxx...what are YOUR initial thoughts about this?

i have mixed feelings. He admitted that i packaged it well. No way i will pay for it to be shipped back to me paypal fees etc. Not gonna bit the bullet on that one. When insurance is purchased does the buyer or seller have to deal with it. Just kinda shitty trying to get ready for my sisters wedding tomorrow and dont need to think about this right now

From what I understand the seller is responsible for shipping claims. After all, the seller was the USPS customer, not the buyer. I think you have to file the claim.

Tell the kid you'll file a claim and however it goes is what will happen. You don't owe him shit for the post office's fuck up.

Either one can file the claim, but from my experience the insurance is to protect the buyer from loss or damage, so it's their responsibility to do the claim.

From what I understand the seller is responsible for shipping claims. After all, the seller was the USPS customer, not the buyer. I think you have to file the claim.

Tell the kid you'll file a claim and however it goes is what will happen. You don't owe him shit for the post office's fuck up.

Either one can file the claim, but from my experience the insurance is to protect the buyer from loss or damage, so it's their responsibility to do the claim.

Yeah, you might be right.

Either way I think a claim needs to be filed, whether by the buyer or the seller, and that should be it. xxfesterxx doesn't owe that kid anything.

Either way I think a claim needs to be filed, whether by the buyer or the seller, and that should be it. xxfesterxx doesn't owe that kid anything.

doesnt the buyer usually purchase the insurance? or does the seller? buy or beware. i have been collecting for years and just started to recently trade and sell. im only worried about it getting to the recipient so i do confirmation. i figure as long as it gets to em you are in the clear. if its banged up, its not your fault and the buyer should either purchase the insurance or bite the bullet and get some glue.

doesnt the buyer usually purchase the insurance? or does the seller? buy or beware. i have been collecting for years and just started to recently trade and sell. im only worried about it getting to the recipient so i do confirmation. i figure as long as it gets to em you are in the clear. if its banged up, its not your fault and the buyer should either purchase the insurance or bite the bullet and get some glue.

Exactly