STD - Sound the Alarm limited to 70

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a total dick move for cobraside to allow him to just take all of the colors and put them up on ebay, but since nobody is stopping him, what are people who collect supposed to do if they want them all? This guy is usually the only one that has them, unless you luck out somehow and they don't even seem to be available anywhere else at the moment. Even if it's $10 more than someone would usually pay, i guess thats better than putting up one at a time like the turquoise and purple? He also said "YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS PRESSING ANYWHERE ELSE, ONLY HERE." How does this one distributor get all of the limited colors, and does cobraside put the pressing info anywhere to verify?

he clearly said /35 in the description but the item title said 70 ???

he is also foreign and makes no sense at all.

I'm going to bet 70 of each color are available, still not bad for a pressing under 100.

i just dont understand how you could mistype /35 which happens to be 1/2 of the amount listed in the title. sketchy as hell. I feel dirty for buying one like I've been cheated.

I sent him a message before I bought it asking which it was, but he never got back to me. So i snagged one from the first set he posted.

He doesn't work for Cobraside. He's just a distributor. I asked him when UTB came out.

He's gotta have some sort of connections because these variations he always has are not available through the wholesale catalog.

I forgot to add this too! How I also know he's not just some run-of-the-mill distro - he has his records before anyone else. We got a special color and our records as of Friday night were still not in to Cobraside, yet he has his already? Fishy, fishy.

When it comes to shit like this, I wish people would just be upfront about it. I don't know if anyone here collects video games, but the same sorta thing happened with this company GameQuestDirect.com and getting the real story out was like pulling teeth on a rabid polar bear/chainsaw hybrid.

Guest falloutcollapse

I'm just gonna get it from you, wannabepunktony. I don't think it's worth all the stress to order from this guy, and would rather have an established color.

i think its pretty obvious he has much closer ties to cobraside than he lets on. but, whatever. people are buying them anyways. if it really bothers you, you should probably go to the source and attempt to complain to vagrant about who theyre choosing to license their vinyl releases to.

Again - with all the weird numbering issues and such - I just wish the status of the situation was known and upfront. I don't care about anything else other than as a collector, I don't like to be led on about the shit I'm buying, regardless if the seller finds their storytelling harmless.

We shouldn't have to have to worry that when we buy a record from a certain press run that somewhere down the line that number is going to change, you know? :-/

We shouldn't have to have to worry that when we buy a record from a certain press run that somewhere down the line that number is going to change, you know? :-/

agreed. I feel pretty cheated this time around with a /35 becoming a /70 as this is the most expensive record I've ever bought. I wouldn't have spent that much had I known it was a /70

Again - with all the weird numbering issues and such - I just wish the status of the situation was known and upfront. I don't care about anything else other than as a collector, I don't like to be led on about the shit I'm buying, regardless if the seller finds their storytelling harmless.

Agreed. So, I asked him:

So what is the breakdown exactly of the Under The Boards special edition, and the limited Sound The Alarm? In the title of your listing it says 70 and in the listing itself, it says 35. I just did the math and so far there are:

40 Under The Boards-Blue/White

50 Sound The Alarm-Red/White

40 Sound The Alarm-on Blue/White

Is there any direct pressing info anywhere? Thanks.

He said:

sorry no direct pressing info until everything is sold out ,different distributors and stores will have different colors but there is no color less than 300 just these on the colors we have ltd to 70 each your count can never be accurate cause we give stuff out to our distributors when they do their weekly orders, so you never gone right on the money

cheers

I always thought that this guy worked for cobraside and now that he's saying "we give stuff out to our distributors" I have to assume that he does. This shit about "we can never be accurate" is totally weak. No Idea has pressed more than 2000 of "The New What Next and they know that there is only 1 Gold/clear/red w/black from the first pressing about 4 years ago. These records are still not even available to the public and I just don't understand how cataloging this can be that hard.