New Alkaline Trio music video

wait a minute... I was told that this was just a rough copy of the video. might wanna double check with whoever gave you that video to make sure that's the "final" product because when I saw them in Pittsburgh they had just gotten a rough edit of the video, which if that is true, the video you posted is just a rough edit and not completely done.

Guest falloutcollapse

I really don't mind the song. I don't mind the whole album really, it's just not really an Alkaline Trio album. It's poppy, and it's something I'd expect to hear in the car (I only have a radio and my iPod connector is broken). But this video is dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

*The video MTVu debuted on their website and I just grabbed the embed code for.

oh wow. I mean, i think the video is hilarious and awesome they made it, but there are parts that look unfinished.

Yeah, I agree (so does my girlfriend, who worked in music videos for a year when she was at a label). And it looks like someone who worked on the video also reads Punknews:

http://www.punknews.org/users/runshermouth

Some of what she wrote:

uhhh or rushed by the label on a tiny budget so the team of extremely talented vfx folks not sleeping for 2 weeks was simply not enough to finish every single shot. plz critique the version that will be released in a few weeks but until then maybe you could make me 3d graphic models of a few trains and a blimp and a hot air balloon real quick? you have 48 hours, go.
the graphics on this video aren't finished. it was rushed by the label. is everyone on punknews.org a 3d graphics subcontractor? where are all of you?
honestly. the label released an unrendered version of the video. if you pay attention, some of the shots look completed and like well done 3D and some of it looks like playblast. because it is. watch this video when it gets rereleased when it's finished, maybe you'll be less disapproving.

Dra-muh...

Terrible. John Ennis as the villain was the only decent thing about it

Are you going to the Trio/American Steel show next week? I figure with the way the Trio's setlists have been on this tour plus your undying love for all things AmSteel, you'll be there...

I will be there! American Steel sealed the deal for me for sure.

Any chance you still have that Against Me 12" you picked up for me ages ago?

Are you going to the Trio/American Steel show next week? I figure with the way the Trio's setlists have been on this tour plus your undying love for all things AmSteel, you'll be there...

I will be there! American Steel sealed the deal for me for sure.

Any chance you still have that Against Me 12" you picked up for me ages ago?

I most certainly do! I don't need that Chuck/Austin 7" anymore, though; you wanna just buy it off me?

oh wow. I mean, i think the video is hilarious and awesome they made it, but there are parts that look unfinished.

Yeah, I agree (so does my girlfriend, who worked in music videos for a year when she was at a label). And it looks like someone who worked on the video also reads Punknews:

http://www.punknews.org/users/runshermouth

Some of what she wrote:

honestly. the label released an unrendered version of the video. if you pay attention, some of the shots look completed and like well done 3D and some of it looks like playblast. because it is. watch this video when it gets rereleased when it's finished, maybe you'll be less disapproving.

Dra-muh...

why would they release the video unfinished? what a retarded bunch of morons. sorry, when that video is 100% done its going to be AWESOME! but WHY would you release it early? now everyone is going to see the finished video and still have preconcieved notions and opinions regardless of how awesome it actually turns out. what a bunch of morons...

I kind of think the whole steampunk basis, could have been done so much better though.

The song is meh, it's heavier then the old stuff which is nice, but his vox miss the spot.

This really makes me wish there would be more movies and t.v. shows about steampunk. Are there any good comics anyone know?