PO: SHOOK ONES/END OF A YEAR SPLIT 7"

Real nice of Runner Up records to send out the email addresses of everyone who ordered this.

I didn't notice that! I got L through X, did you get the other half? There's at least three or four folks with xsomethingx for an email address. Heh. Here's the email, in case folks are curious. Looks like no records til August 29th. Lame.

Hey everyone. If you're reading this, it means that you are one of 100 people to pre-order the new Shook Ones / End of a Year split 7". Pre-order sold out in a matter of minutes, so congrats for making it.

With that being said, we are going to be shipping pre-orders first as soon as we are able to do so. As it stands now, we're looking at shipping on August 29th. Sorry this is such a long way out, the plant is just backed up at the moment. We're hoping we can ship out before then, but as it stands now, 8/29 is a pretty safe estimate.

So... that's pretty much it. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail. Thanks a lot for pre-ordering!

Also, check out the new Dave House LP. He's in The Steal, but this is his solo project. It's really good! Very Weakerthans-esque. LP is limited to 600.

Sean / Runner Up Records

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all these songs and the ones from the Hour of the wolf split as well. Sooooooo good!!!

How?! If they are on your PC, could you please send me them?

Well Kelly sent them to me and I swore on my life that I wouldn't leak that shit, so I can't. Sorry but you'll be super pumped when you hear it, trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

How?! If they are on your PC, could you please send me them?

Well Kelly sent them to me and I swore on my life that I wouldn't leak that shit, so I can't. Sorry but you'll be super pumped when you hear it, trust me.

Kelly hooked me up as well but i'm also sworn to not pass them onto anyone. Sorry.

Damn these songs are good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sean from Runner Up Records here. Someone sent me a link to this thread earlier citing some confusion with regards to the Shook Ones/EOAY split. Here to set the metaphorical record straight.

1) Pre-orders sold out insanely fast. No orders needed to be refunded. The pre-order color was going to be 70, but we upped it to 100 last minute when we realized that was very much an undershot.

2) Shipping. This seems to be a pain in everyone's butt - my own included. No one likes shipping. That $4 covers three things - the PayPal fee (which has recently gone up), actual media mail shipping, and a safe, sturdy 7" mailer. To be honest, we actually lose a few cents in shipping because of the mailer, but as a collector myself, I understand how important it is to ship records in a good mailer. Moreover, international shipping has been outrageous ever since USPS pulled the ability to ship media mail international. So before you blast an indie label for shipping costs, please keep these things in mind. I HATE, HATE, HATE having to charge so much for shipping.

3) This particular 7" is a limited run, and is on tons of whacky ass colors, so it's a little pricier than I'd like. Trust me when I say that there's nothing I want more than to be able to sell a $2 7" with $0.50 shipping.

3) Normal ordering IS up now, but even these ones are going quick. Jump on those other colors if you want them.

4) Backed up on shipping right now (like I said, we try to put a little extra care into packing our orders), but I swear we're trudging through.

5) I am sorry I had to limit the pre-order color to one per person, but obviously even with that limitation the que filled up very quickly. But really, there's nothing that bums me out like an opportunist that is just out to make cash by making someone else that missed the pre-order pay $100 on eBay.

6) I am very psyched to see people on here in this for End of a Year.

7) I feel pretty confident that the release will be worth the wait. Thanks for everyone's patience! If anyone needs to e-mail directly for whatever reason, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

If there is confusion anywhere else on the interweb, it would be great if someone could copy this there. As you can probably deduce at this point, I'm a little pressed on time and can't search out the forums personally. Thanks for the support everyone!

Sean

www.runner-up-records.com (Website)

www.runneruprecords.bigcartel.com (Webstore)

www.myspace.com/runneruprecordsusa (Website but with ads, spam, and 13 year olds with no self esteem.)

thanks for the update, sean!! i know with packaging, some 7"s can ship out first class... it wouldn't hurt to see if you could send it that way! is each band getting copies of every color?

ps. you're based in union city? do you need help!? i'll do it in exchange for some vinylz. :)

• 3 weeks later...