And so the Lawrence Arms madness begins...

yeah. ebay sellers are morons quite a lot of the time, especially with records. Some dude has a bunch of fat wreck colored vinyl for BIN that has seriously been up for months because its priced so fucking high, its almost like he needs to leave it up now to recover from the continuous re-listing fees and shit.

I wonder why people put their "BUY IT NOW" prices so high. I've seen records for almost a year up on the "Buy it Now" stores for the same price. you'd think they'd lower their price a bit if it was sitting there that long..

all it takes is one idiot who doesn't know what they're doing and has money to blow. that's the thing about ebay. people will buy almost anything.

Do people even listen to records on this board?

Waoh! Do they talk?

C'mon, I listen to nearly all my records. Truth is, I am likely to sell mine as Asian Man said they'll keep pressing them as long as kids want them. I don't collect Lawrence Arms stuff and to me a second pressing (or third) is just as good and if some dude wants my rare first pressing so much, they can have it.

Do people even listen to records on this board?

Waoh! Do they talk?

C'mon, I listen to nearly all my records. Truth is, I am likely to sell mine as Asian Man said they'll keep pressing them as long as kids want them. I don't collect Lawrence Arms stuff and to me a second pressing (or third) is just as good and if some dude wants my rare first pressing so much, they can have it.

This is now my line of thought. Had there been only one pressing, I'd keep mine, but I don't care about colors and all that non-sense. I just want a record to listen to and the 2nd pressing sounds just as good as the 1st. If someone wants to pay me more than what I paid for something then I'm a moron not to take the offer.

Im in the same boat. For a band i dont "collect" i dont mind having a later pressing if i can sell/trade my 1st pressing for something i really want.

that's why i have my paint it black - new lexicon - friends press on ebay right now, and i also let a lot of my NMDS, jawbreaker and mcd 7" doubles go for the same reason.

HOWEVER... i do collect The lawrence arms records, so i want all the colors and covers. trade me yours (once all my copies arrive and i see what i am missing)

as a collector, i'm going to hate these releases. it's not a FAT-type thing, where you make sure you get in on the preorder, and that's it... im gonna want to stay on my toes to make sure i get every pressing. i'm pretty sure it wont be a RAR type deal though... at least i hope it won't be.