question about...Sticker on CDs

I've worked in record stores off and on for about 10 years and the reason I've always heard for CD's and LP's coming from overseas being unsealed is for customs reasons. They need to be able to get inside the package to inspect them for drugs or whatever and if they're sealed they'll rip them open and probably destroy them. So they're left unsealed to avoid this sort of damage at customs.

I've worked in record stores off and on for about 10 years and the reason I've always heard for CD's and LP's coming from overseas being unsealed is for customs reasons. They need to be able to get inside the package to inspect them for drugs or whatever and if they're sealed they'll rip them open and probably destroy them. So they're left unsealed to avoid this sort of damage at customs.

makes sense, but CD´s here in Germany are always without these white stickers. even those CD´s who are still wrapped in plastic.....

a very common method of theft back when i worked in a record store was razoring the shrinkwrap and then sliding the cd or dvd disc out of its case, thereby leaving the antitheft device on the jewel case.

also the white barcode sticker on top lets you identify records in a rack without having to flip thru all of them

a very common method of theft back when i worked in a record store was razoring the shrinkwrap and then sliding the cd or dvd disc out of its case, thereby leaving the antitheft device on the jewel case.

also the white barcode sticker on top lets you identify records in a rack without having to flip thru all of them

yuppers.

i know i shouldn't say this but there's an easier way to steal from large corporations (not independent stores). just squeeze the sensor tag and it won't go off. go ahead, try it.

Yep.

It's super embarassing FYE browsing and something has no barcode and it ends up being the new Panic at the Disco CD!