PO: Pelican - "The Fire In Our Throats..." 2xLP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in for a Pic Disc... I generally am not a fan, and it was $40, but it is limited to 100, and I don't have a copy of this album yet, so I decided to grab one.

Hopefully I don't wind up regretting that decision.

i reckon these might be a sound investment. give it a bit of time (and maybe when pelican release a GOOD album after the drizzle that was City of Echoes), these should fetch a bit on eBalconies.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I honestly want this album. I have no intention of flipping it, that's just something that I don't do. I just hope it sounds alright, i'm usually pretty hesitant on pic discs, and the pricing is a bit steep. But then again, doing a 100 copy run of pic discs can't be cheap.

fair enough. i want them because i am rarely in time for ltd to 100 copy releases, its gold foil which is different to the original release and i have just the black vinyl version of the first press. i'm loving the fact that the pic disc release is individually hand numbered!

i usually also dont really like pic discs because of sound quality issues and the pricing is, as you say, a bit steep. they were gonna charge me €35 in toto for the pic disc or €50 for both, so as i was defo getting one, whats another €15 to get both ltd versions.

i got on one of those real nice 4th press Australasia numbers with the fancy sleeves and have the slipmat version of City of Echoes so i'm pretty stoked to add these to my Pelican collection.

hopefully. thanks for being positive. i have had bad luck pre-ordering pelican records. i eventually get them, but end up paying out the ass for them. i never get updates and when i do find out about them, it's too late and they are sold out.

didya getya confirm?

i did and then some. i talked to thomas yesterday. i told him about the pelican discography and told him to check it out. he did and i ended up getting all 3 vinyl variations and we are working something out so i can get the pic.disc and regular vinyl test pressings. awesome. thanks for your help pal, it was greatly appreciated.

didya getya confirm?

i did and then some. i talked to thomas yesterday. i told him about the pelican discography and told him to check it out. he did and i ended up getting all 3 vinyl variations and we are working something out so i can get the pic.disc and regular vinyl test pressings. awesome. thanks for your help pal, it was greatly appreciated.

brilliant man! test presses...well done!

brilliant man! test presses...well done!

thank you sir for the help

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

email from Thomas/Viva Hate:

"Hey folks,

we’re super sorry – the PELICAN gatefold covers are delayed.

After having been postponed by the company for the first time we expected them to arrive in the middle of august.

Now unfortunately the printing company postponed the delivery to September 18th….

We’re super sorry!!!

Please be patient. They should be in your hands at the end of the month…

Regards,

Viva Hate Records"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

News from Viva Hate Today:

1. Pelican 2xLP - delays

It's simply annoying - as you can see we have the vinyl here (for about two month now). The printing company is kidding on us.

They kept telling us about delivery delays every week, again and again! This whole story started in june.

They now seem(or pretend) to have problems to print them as the covers are rolling up to tubes for some reason - anyways, what is really curious about this whole thing:

It's the same company who did the first press.

However - we keep you posted on everything. We're super sorry about it but out hands are tied.

[image]