Moving your vinyl.

i think the only stop i'm making will be with a friend who will understand when i show up at his door with boxes of vinyl to move inside for the few hours i'll be there.

That just would make me want to start flipping through the records if I was the friend. I love going through friends collections just seeing what they've got.

In reference to your move, first, good luck and safety, and also, I would use the milk crates that stack nice and are just a bit taller than the record. My friends shop in Allentown has a ton of them and I gotta find out where he got his. If not just borrow them for a week. I'm moving in a few weeks myself. I had a dozen of the Bags Unltd boxes but can only find 3. How things vanish...

I moved all my records (a few hundred) and over 1,500 CDs last summer using a small van with AC. It was only about 20 miles away, but sturdy boxes or milk crates should do the trick. Like someone here said before, just keep them out of direct sunlight. Drape a towel over the boxes/crates, etc. if they'll be by windows.

Good luck on the move!