Watchmen trailer

gotcha... i havent kept up with comics in so long i wasnt 100% sure

It was originally a 12 issue comics series, but the series is collected in one book. You can find it in almost any book store or comic shop.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was looking the comics up on ebay this morning and holy shit people are paying out the ass for them now. i dug mine out last night and 1 looked like it'd only get around an 8 if i got it graded. lots of stress wrinkles on the spine. issue 2 however appeared to be 100% mint. i'm thinking it'd get at least a 9.8. may be worth it.

They did show it before the IMAX Dark Knight. It looks pretty much exactly like the comic. I think the movie will tank though. Comic book super-hero movies that don't appeal to kids can't possibly succeed. Take a movie like 300 or Sin City, and ok, that can do well without little kids going to see it. But adults who aren't into the comic will find this too silly and little kids won't be able to see it because I have to assume it'll be rated R.

Either way, it looked pretty damn faithful to the comic, at least visually.

when I bought this I got the first book for preacher also, and the comic girl working the counter said, "Ah, boning up on the classics I see." I never felt so ashamed to not be a comic book nerd. Either way, fucking great book. Should be interesting to see how it adapts into film. It looks like they keep Dr. Manhattan nude, so get ready for some CGI penis.

They did show it before the IMAX Dark Knight. It looks pretty much exactly like the comic. I think the movie will tank though. Comic book super-hero movies that don't appeal to kids can't possibly succeed. Take a movie like 300 or Sin City, and ok, that can do well without little kids going to see it. But adults who aren't into the comic will find this too silly and little kids won't be able to see it because I have to assume it'll be rated R.

Either way, it looked pretty damn faithful to the comic, at least visually.

I agree w/ your opinion on it tanking. My one friend saw the trailer today and he knows nothing about the Watchmen. He showed no interest at all. If you think about it, the trailer doesn't do much for those who don't know about it.

when I bought this I got the first book for preacher also, and the comic girl working the counter said, "Ah, boning up on the classics I see." I never felt so ashamed to not be a comic book nerd. Either way, fucking great book. Should be interesting to see how it adapts into film. It looks like they keep Dr. Manhattan nude, so get ready for some CGI penis.

Hey, she's the one working at a comic store for minimum wage. You shouldn't be the one ashamed.

I thought they neutered Dr. Manhattan in the movie Ken-doll style.

Hey, she's the one working at a comic store for minimum wage. You shouldn't be the one ashamed.

I thought they neutered Dr. Manhattan in the movie Ken-doll style.

yes you should. comic nerd chicks who are attractive are the holy grail. at least for me. now if she's asian as well, ask her to marry you right then. :D

so, i'm getting more and more worried about this. if they take liberties with it like they did the little bit of dialog by Rorschach, i'll be pissed. it wasn't all that close to the comic at all. plus the black freighter i was reading will not be in the movie but a extra feature on the dvd. and the excerpts at the end of each issue will almost certainly not make it in.

• 3 weeks later...
I talked to my friend at Warner Bros. and he said they have 4+ hours of footage and they had been talking about doing it "Kill Bill"-style and splitting it into two parts.

Instead, they'll whittle it down to 2+ hours and throw a Director's Cut on the DVD.

That's pretty much what I've heard. Snyder was really pushing for a 3 hour movie, but if anyone ever thought that would happen, well, they're an idiot.

This movie will probably not be successful with the mass media (and if it is all the comic dorks will say it sucks), because it's not exactly the easiest and friendliest story in the world.

The Black Freighter not being in the movie is slightly disappointing, but for your average viewer it will be better set aside outside of the film if they want the movie to have success.

Hopefully the directors cut pans out as planned.