Favorite Final Fantasy Game, and Why?

I know this thread will be littered with a ton of Final Fantasy 7 responses, but I am still curious to know what everyone's favorite is and the reason for it.

My favorite is Final Fantasy X. I believe the main reason for this is the fact that it was the first game to get me into RPGs, before that I just played tons of action and sports games. If it were not for me pushing myself to start it, I'd have missed out on tons of great games with great and epic stories. Story-wise it is not my favorite, but it still has a great story that kept me interested right up until the end. The characters were also all pretty interesting, though for some reason I really don't like Wakka or Lulu very much. I think my biggest draw to the game is the soundtrack. It is definitely my favorite out of all the games. To Zanarkand is such a beautiful piano piece that sets up the game perfectly. As for game play, it was pretty standard turn-based but it opened the world of turn-based game play for me, so despite it being incredibility easy it is still my favorite game.

III(6)

it was one of the first games i ever got and it is amazing. i just wish my box was in better shape for it. the cart still works fine and i have months of game play on it. III is widely considered to be the best of the series among critics, and for the SNES the game is truly amazing.

II i need to pick up sometime, i just don't feel like paying ebay prices for it.

III(6)

it was one of the first games i ever got and it is amazing. i just wish my box was in better shape for it. the cart still works fine and i have months of game play on it. III is widely considered to be the best of the series among critics, and for the SNES the game is truly amazing.

II i need to pick up sometime, i just don't feel like paying ebay prices for it.

I am going to start 6 on psx whenever I get my psx memory card back from my friend. I've been wanting to play it for a while.

My favorite is XII. Many of you may disagree, but i like it a lot. The characters, the story, the soundtrack, the new battle system...it's great! I really liked VII and X is also good. Never played VI though...But for me the best RPG game is Chrono Trigger. It's so fucking good!!!

I loved the new battle system in XII, but the story was not all that great IMO. I hope they use the battle system in more games, though I think XIII is back to turn-based.

III (VI) all the way. It was the first RPG I ever really got into and I bought it when it first came out (it was super fucking expensive for a 14-y-o me). Secret of Mana was a lot of fun too, and Chrono Trigger's amazing as well. I like VII but I could never get myself to finish it. VIII was...weird...cards or something? I dunno.

Tactics has always been and always will be my favorite, but my favorite of the "main" games is VIII. I really liked the more realistic graphics compared to VII. The only thing I really didn't like about VIII was the draw system. Poo.

Also, XIII is going to have a hybrid between the XII system and a turn-based system. I think they described it as "similar to XII, but less MMO-like." Whatever that means.

Final Fantasy VII all the way. It was the first RPG I ever played. I still remember the first time I came over my best friends house and saw that epic opening, I was fucking hooked to the screen as I watched him play. I sat around his house for like 2 days making him play non stop so he could loan me that first disc. I ended up beating this game at least 5 or 6 times which is just ridiculous.

FFX was pretty sweet too, after my love of rpg's started dying this one really hooked me back in, blitz ball was so awesome.

And lastly FFXII sucked hard, my love for rpg's started dying down once again and I was hoping this would bring it back up and I just never got into it. There was no character development, I just didn't give a shit about what was going on.

Then I found Shadow Hearts, and now I'm hooked again.