owth record release?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is all your fault.

It's just cruel fate. Totally unplanned. >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I say to the plant one afternoon "Can you press me up 100 records on whatever color with blank labels, pronto? And then I pushed my luck and talked them up to 200. And then they pressed them THAT NIGHT. This NEVER happens. Just be glad they agreed to press 200 instead of 100. :) Everyone wins... except for the completist. :'( :'( :'(

as far as owth vinyl goes, the completist was screwed on the dukes of hillsbrough split as ADD pressed 1 on purple. you guys just took it to the next level. but whatever, From the Bottom is fucking steller, they've recorded great tunage for you guys.

i should have a purple one in the mail on its way to me. bought it from "rhythmgtr5" on here (think he posted a photo of it somewhere).

but hes also the guy who mentioned that they werent hand numbered and the guy on ebay had put the number on himself. This leads me to believe the purple record on its way to me will have no number.

What do you other doods have? Hand numbers? No hand numbers?

hey var, do you know the numbers for the actual colors? or are you keeping mum on purpose, haha?

#1 -- we don;t know what the band got, as the records shipped straight from the plant. So any #s we posted would be incorrect.

#2 -- this record is special in and of itself. that there were unintentionally variants, well that's just fate. I'd like to believe that --just this one time-- everyone would be happy with having ONE copy and just feel special with that, as opposed to chasing multiples. Now, I do know that the impulse will be hard to fight. The INTENTION was to only have one color, but... shite, I can't complain. The band got the records in time, barely, and that was the important part. I hope you all at least have fun with it and post photos for every one to share. Oh, and help pay for our kids' college fund with the 75 copies we stashed "for later" haha. (Just kidding, this is a total joke. We did not do this!)

Got the tour pressing today, beautiful vinyl (yellowish)

that thanks to a mix between packaging and poor handling on the post office part

is completely unplayable.

ugh.

I will also say, i've been ordering records from No Idea since 1997, and this is the first time that any records have shown up in bad shape. Usually the stuff is packaged really well, and this once case it wasn't the best job they've done(probably due to the amount of orders), but this is definitely the post office's fault and the vinyl is definitely shaped like an S. There is a place next to my work that has a machine that is supposed to take the warps out, but we'll see.

hey var, do you know the numbers for the actual colors? or are you keeping mum on purpose, haha?

#1 -- we don;t know what the band got, as the records shipped straight from the plant. So any #s we posted would be incorrect.

#2 -- this record is special in and of itself. that there were unintentionally variants, well that's just fate. I'd like to believe that --just this one time-- everyone would be happy with having ONE copy and just feel special with that, as opposed to chasing multiples. Now, I do know that the impulse will be hard to fight

. The INTENTION was to only have one color, but... shite, I can't complain. The band got the records in time, barely, and that was the important part. I hope you all at least have fun with it and post photos for every one to share. Oh, and help pay for our kids' college fund with the 75 copies we stashed "for later" haha. (Just kidding, this is a total joke. We did not do this!)

oh, ok fair enough. and i'm definitely happy with my one copy. i'll prolly order a second regular copy, just to have the liner notes and such

Man, No Idea is a funny creature. I placed an order Friday morning and opted to pay via Paypal. We all know that No Idea takes at least a day or two to send out Paypal invoices and I don't believe they work through the weekend so it didn't surprise me that I didn't get the payment request till Monday. However, I didn't get a chance to pay that day and LESS THAN A DAY LATER I received a payment reminder for the order.

I seriously just thought that was so funny because people get so upset that their Paypal invoices don't get sent out right away. I mean, shit, it takes a while, no biggie. But I had to wait 3 days for my invoice and after one day of non-payment I received a reminder. TELL MATT TO EXERCISE SOME PATIENCE!

Really though, I wasn't bothered by it and this isn't a complaint. I just thought it was a mildly humorous story I wanted to share.

Man, No Idea is a funny creature. I placed an order Friday morning and opted to pay via Paypal. We all know that No Idea takes at least a day or two to send out Paypal invoices and I don't believe they work through the weekend so it didn't surprise me that I didn't get the payment request till Monday. However, I didn't get a chance to pay that day and LESS THAN A DAY LATER I received a payment reminder for the order.

I seriously just thought that was so funny because people get so upset that their Paypal invoices don't get sent out right away. I mean, shit, it takes a while, no biggie. But I had to wait 3 days for my invoice and after one day of non-payment I received a reminder. TELL MATT TO EXERCISE SOME PATIENCE!

Really though, I wasn't bothered by it and this isn't a complaint. I just thought it was a mildly humorous story I wanted to share.

It's a robot what does it.

Seriously? Is there an automated program that sends reminders after a given period or are you just messing around.

Either way, I didn't really mind at all, I just thought it was a bit humorous.

Seriously? Is there an automated program that sends reminders after a given period or are you just messing around.

Either way, I didn't really mind at all, I just thought it was a bit humorous.

Nope, it's all human-inflicted computer aggression. We'll blame it on Geis for some reason. He's the red-shirt new guy, so we'll sacrifice him to the rampaging Mugato. If you were ordering something uber cool (and of course you were, right?) then we were probably trying to separate the flakes from the real fans. Ha. Someone always flakes and with so many people weeping, you probably got lumped into the "are they flaking?" pile along with people who really were flaking. You were SUPPOSED to be in the SUPER RAD BEING pile. It's Geis's mistake. Hate on Geis. Yeah, Geis. Not Matt and not me. Blame Geis. [email protected]. Send him disturbing photos and nonsensical messages.