FUCKED UP "Year Of The Pig" 7"

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/ole828-7

I am a little confused about this release and am hoping to get some answers from my Matador rep. This is the first Fucked Up release on Matador, but their one sheets said this would be a 12 inch record. We have already carryed the Year of the Pig 12 inch out on another label which adds to my confusion. To make things even more confusing, we were solicited and I ordered copies of the U.K. and Japanese versions of this 7", but we did not get those. If you know more about this than I do, please comment and educate us. The only thing I know is this is a 7" featuring 2 songs and we got in 10 of them.

[image]

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/ole828-7

I am a little confused about this release and am hoping to get some answers from my Matador rep. This is the first Fucked Up release on Matador, but their one sheets said this would be a 12 inch record. We have already carryed the Year of the Pig 12 inch out on another label which adds to my confusion. To make things even more confusing, we were solicited and I ordered copies of the U.K. and Japanese versions of this 7", but we did not get those. If you know more about this than I do, please comment and educate us. The only thing I know is this is a 7" featuring 2 songs and we got in 10 of them.

The US versions (Matador) are the following:

The 12" version includes two songs:

1. Year Of The Pig

2. The Black Hats

The 7" version includes two songs (and different artwork from the 12" version) :

1. Year Of The Pig

2. Mustaa Lunta

The CDep version includes eight songs:

1. Year Of The Pig

2. The Black Hats

3. Year Of The Pig (U.S. edit) (CD only bonus track)

4. Mustaa Lunta (CD only bonus track)

5. Year Of The Pig (U.K. edit) (CD only bonus track)

6. Anorak City (CD only bonus track)

7. Year Of The Pig (Japan edit) (CD only bonus track)

8. For My Friends (CD only bonus track)

Not sure about the U.K. or Japan version. Hope this helps! Now get some more of those Austin Lucas 10" EP's in!

Edit: This is what the 12"/CDep versions artwork looks like:

[image]

From Matador:

Matador and What’s Your Rupture? are pleased to announce a joint release: the Year Of The Pig EP from Toronto’s Fucked Up.

Out worldwide on July 22, the EP is an expanded version of the 12″ single released by WYR? in mid-2007 (and by Vice in the UK in early 2008). In addition to the original 18-minute title track and the flipside, “The Black Hats,” there are three edits of the title track and three unreleased tracks. Each edit and each unreleased track will be featured on one of three 7″ singles, each with a different sleeve, to be released in the US, the UK, and Japan respectively.

“Year Of The Pig” is the second in a series of songs based on the Chinese zodiac. It is about the plight of sex workers in Canada. The initial release, and a companion concert, generated $4,000 for a prostitution rights charity in Toronto. Read more about the issues, and the notorious Robert Pickton case, at this blog post by the band. Featuring keyboards, an ethereal female guest vocal and multiple, interlocking musical sections, it is Fucked Up’s most ambitious work to date.

Here is a 256K MP3 of the US edit:

“” (256K MP3)

Track listings:

12″: Year Of The Pig / The Black Hats

7″ (US): Year Of The Pig (US Edit) / Mustaa Lunta (new track)

7″ (UK): Year Of The Pig (US Edit) / Anorak City (new track — Another Sunny Day cover)

7″ (Japan): Year Of The Pig (Japanese Edit) / For My Friends (new track)

CDEP: All of the above

Fucked Up will be playing three shows in Calgary later this month, and will tour Europe throughout July and August.

Guest Admin

thanks for all the help friends. I will hopefully get an answer from matador as to what is up with us getting hte uk and japan and 12" versions.

If you became impatient like I did, you can order the other 7"s and the 12" here: http://tonevendor.com/search.php?q=fucked&cats=btvli

and then just order the US version from Virgil.

EDIT: Fuck - VC is sold out.

Thanks for the link. I've never ordered from that site before. Are they usually pretty good about keeping their stock up to date?

Matador has the 7" up on their site now also. I am assuming it is the US version.

I payed visa but they have to send an invoice with shipping charges which it said could take 2 to 3 days. I just wish Matador had sent Virgil all the 7"s and the new 12" it would have made this a lot easier.

Did your order get canceled? Mine did...

Yep and matador's site says they are out of stock man this is a nightmare of a release again from Matador.