PO/TP KAY KAY & HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND Diggin 7

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "Diggin" 7" both colors

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "Diggin" 7" green vinyl

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "Diggin" 7" clear vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=kay%20kay%20and%20his%20weathered

Today is a very exciting day for we have the pre-order for the brand new, upcoming 7" by Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground. It wasn't that long ago that we put out their debut, self-titled album, and I think it is fair to say that a majority of you feel in love with this band. For those of you who don't know, Kay Kay is Kirk and Kyle who were in the very beloved band, Gatsby's American Dream. When I describe their sound to people, I liken them to what the Beatles might have sounded like had they grown up in Seattle. Don't trust my comparison though as I would love everyone to stop by their Myspace page where they have the A-side, "Diggin" as wel as a bunch of songs from their debut album up for streaming.

These 2 songs are a teaser for their upcoming album which is currently in the works (and from the demos I have received gonna be absolutely amazing). The songs were again recorded by Kirk, Kyle, and Phillip who self-produced the songs. Their friend Tom mixed and mastered the tracks. Kirk did all the artwork (and yes, there are pot leaves on the art). I am constantly blown away by how talented these guys are. They not only write some of the most incredible songs that have so much depth, they do all their own recording, and all of their own art.

The motivation to get this single out was so that they could have something else on their merch table for their upcoming tour with Rx Bandits and Portugal, the Man. This is gonna be such a great tour for them and I am so excited that it starts in Denver. We should have the singles by August 12th as everything is full production. The 7" will come with a coupon so that you can download both songs and the pressing info is as follows:

300 on transparent green vinyl

700 on clear vinyl

I have put up 100 sets of both colors for a reduced price. I do feel bad that the 7"s are so expensive, but 7"s are really expensive to produce. It has been years (not since 1999) since I released a 7" and I was blown away by all of the costs involved. I am going to be doing a lot of price comparisons before we start doing the Under the Influence series, but although the 7"s are pricey, it will be worth the the price. I don't usually like to say that one of our bands are gonna get big, but I think that it is unavoidable that sometime in the near future, a bigger label will come knocking and be able to give Kay Kay the exposure they deserve. Until that happens, i will gladly put out anything and everything they want me to put out.

So listen to the new and old songs on their Myspace page and pick up this 7" before it is history. And for those of you who missed out on the most rare color (Rainbow Transparent) of their album, we did an inventory and have a few available individually or as a set of all 3 colors. Expect those to be gone today!

I've been waiting on this all week. I was really tempted to buy both, but I don't really want to collect more than one so I just went with the green.

yeah, but I mean why not? The set is only 4 bucks more.

I also waited for this and I'm so happy it's out!

Diggin' is an amazing song and I can't wait to hear Passed Out.

wait til you hear the other songs they are working on. I really am blown away by how incredible these guys are.

Yeah, me too!

and I'm so suprised that their records are still available.

They should've been sold out a long time ago..

It's just weird that they haven't gotten big yet.

The lyrics and song structures are simply amazing.

and I just have a lot of respect for them;

writing & recording their own album, releasing it on their own label (with the help of VC!) and making their own artwork.

Is anything happening with Wild Orchid Children, I remember something about a 10" a while back, or am I mistaken

Yeah, they said it was prob. gonna be released at the end of this year at Bombs over Bellevue.

Haha, I love BoB! I ordered the wild orchid children cd and ended up getting three copies.

Guest Admin

green vinyl shipped yesterday which means we will have them on monday for the kay kay party we are throwing. the clear vinyl wil ship today. Hell yeah!