First Tattoo

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its cool that you're getting a half sleeve for your first tattoo. I did the same, mine is the artwork from the all hallow's e.p. Full color, entire half sleeve. So all in all my first tattoo was 10 sessions and 22 hours in the chair.

10 sessions? man those must have been pretty short.

don't worry about the pain though. Yes it hurts but nothing like you imagine it will. I was really anxious my first time and as soon as he started I was like "oh that's not bad at all".

yeah, i doubt you don't have your ribs, collar bone or knee tattooed yet... i think you'll sing a different song then...

i've gotten about 40 hours into my back piece and i'm only like 3-4 hours till its mostly completed...

i also have about a 1/64 sleeve in progress with my right arm... it'll be fun when that finishes up...

don't worry about the pain though. Yes it hurts but nothing like you imagine it will. I was really anxious my first time and as soon as he started I was like "oh that's not bad at all".

yeah, i doubt you don't have your ribs, collar bone or knee tattooed yet... i think you'll sing a different song then...

i've gotten about 40 hours into my back piece and i'm only like 3-4 hours till its mostly completed...

i also have about a 1/64 sleeve in progress with my right arm... it'll be fun when that finishes up...

Yeah I should have been more specific. For what I have(ankles and wrist) it's not so bad. I'm pretty fucking nervous about doing the ribs. Honestly for me though my whole healing process is so much worse than the actual tattoo.

Yeah I should have been more specific. For what I have(ankles and wrist) it's not so bad. I'm pretty fucking nervous about doing the ribs. Honestly for me though my whole healing process is so much worse than the actual tattoo.

The wrist and ankles aren't that bad at all...

From my 2 hours of excruciating pain that i got on my ribs, i just can't wait to do the shading and color...

The healing can be a son of a bitch, especially if its a larger piece...

I got my first tattoo when I was 19...it's the words "next to impossible" above my left elbow. Its from '97 about Alkaline Trio, which at the time was my favorite song.

Couple years later someone told me that '97 is actually about Skiba being on probation and not being able to smoke weed. Being straight edge, this is pretty funny to me.

i use to think i was pertty tough about tattoos, but then, i spent six hours doing this (shitty picture):

[image]

its not done yet....and the artist moved to Colorado, so I need to get my usual dude to finish it.

after that session I seriously told myself i was never getting tattooed again.

I didnt think the foot was too bad, but my foot tattoo only took 4 hours, so, im sure much longer of that and I would have been singing a different tune.

i still need to post my gotham city tattoo. someday...

My first tattoo is on the avail website, it was about ten years ago yesterday just a month after I turned eighteen and it is the Avail Dixie Guy and it's on my right calf. One month later I crashed my bike and scuffed it up, but I refuse to touch it up.

Avail still rules.

I have the flag-bearer on my left arm. probably my favorite tattoo out of the 3 that I have.

My first tattoo is on the avail website, it was about ten years ago yesterday just a month after I turned eighteen and it is the Avail Dixie Guy and it's on my right calf. One month later I crashed my bike and scuffed it up, but I refuse to touch it up.

Avail still rules.

I have the flag-bearer on my left arm. probably my favorite tattoo out of the 3 that I have.

ME tOO!