Check out this dudes AM RAR collection

oh come now andy... i now have 6 RaR's you don't, and you have 2 i don't :)

did u ever get that dark red and that black? yeah but all 6 are after the 20th pressing right?

did you ever get that orange cav?

love andy

i have the first test pressing with the rejected bside, and all 5 of the latest press.

andy has the blue/gold and that black grey

yeah i have a package to go out for you andy, i just havent made it to the post office.. ill do that this week.. and i got the dark red and the black... for alot less than you got em for ;)

or about how a band in particular doesn't warrant the amount of money their vinyl is pulling currently. I dunno, everyone has an opinion and obviously they're able to voice that here, but it really gets old when every thread turns into the same argument. People collect things for one reason or another. We're the same as some old lady collecting beanie babies or those guys collecting PEZ and every other weird collections that are out there. Sure, I think it's weird, but hey, if they get something out of it, personally or whatever, then more power to them. And if someone thinks the band I'm collecting is lame, whatever dude, it's music man, what is this, high school where you cna only like RAP or ROCK or COUNTRY. Let's be serious...

its cool if you think its a waste of money

but im happy. its only a few bands i collect variants for, there wasnt too many variants when i started but its all good, i have no regrets

everyone to there own

i got more pics of other am! vinyl in my tradelist they havent been updated in a long time though

1 color vinyl release = 10,000 copies sold

25 different colored vinyl = 100,000 copies sold

That makes sense.

What I don't get is how many pressings there are that only a few hundered or less copies are printed. It's like the Wonka contest all over again.

Honestly, the pressing history of this record is pretty interesting to watch. You can almost map it from initial sales, to the small boost of when they signed to Fat, to the vinyl craze of today.

In 2004 - 2006 they did two pressings a year (of roughly 500 a run and 1,000 each pressing). In 2007 they had seven pressings and they have three currently of 2008.

As for the strange colors I do imagine it has a bit to do of the vinyl shortage and that I've heard they tend to go for "leftovers", so the story goes. However, this doesn't explain the 200 run of "swamp water green" in 2007 buy that's the only one that seems a little low.