MLB Discussion

How about the NL MVP? Braun has the best numbers with Mccutchen right behind him. Car-go and Holliday are a full step behind.

Everyone of these player's teams could miss the playoffs. Plus, Braun could have people not vote for him as retribution for him cheating to win it last year. RA Dickey deserves to be mentioned but again, bad team.

Could Aroldis Chapman win the MVP? Just thinking outside the box with that one.

That video was so scary to watch. I really hope that he's is ok, I didnt see the game yesterday cause I was at work but my Dad text me to tell me about it and I looked it up or I wouldnt have even heard about it. I havent seen anything on TV about it and I had to search for it online to see anything about it. Kinda a major thing to not get major coverage in the baseball world.

Fractured skull, brain hemorrhage and brain contusion. They said he's still in the critical care unit at the hospital.

Obviously secondary but thats a huge loss to the A's, he's been great this year. Plus they have a really tough schedule coming up. I could see them finally falling out of the race pretty quickly.

i still dont think ive ever seen anything as bad as when matt clement took the line drive off the head/face. landed foul territory well beyond third base. i was watching with my dad, and we were both convinced he was going to die.

good to hear hes doing "okay".

and on a much lighter note, LET'S GO O'S!!!

i still dont think ive ever seen anything as bad as when matt clement took the line drive off the head/face. landed foul territory well beyond third base. i was watching with my dad, and we were both convinced he was going to die.

good to hear hes doing "okay".

and on a much lighter note, LET'S GO O'S!!!

fan favorite in chicago!

I do recall that shot off his head... derailed him big time.

It's crazy that it isnt getting much coverage considering he is still in CCU. Bryce Harper hitting two homeruns in a game gets major coverage yet a serious injury gets barely a mention.

Also, I usually feel like the Yanks can pull anything off and come back from anything, but it doesnt feel like that this year.

RA Dickey wont/shouldnt win the MVP. I still have a REALLY hard time saying any pitcher ever should win the MVP. I dont care how many innings they throw, batters they face, in my opinion anyone who plays once every five games shouldnt win an MVP. Certainly not a reliever.

Mariano Rivera could have certainly won the MVP a few years... in his prime there was very few players that ever affected the game like he did.

RA Dickey wont/shouldnt win the MVP. I still have a REALLY hard time saying any pitcher ever should win the MVP. I dont care how many innings they throw, batters they face, in my opinion anyone who plays once every five games shouldnt win an MVP. Certainly not a reliever.

I don't understand why there is a best pitcher award and then they are still eligible for the best player award yet position players don't have a best position player award.

Plus pitchers are such pussies and coddled these days they aren't even the most valuable player on any team IMO.

I would almost never even consider a pitcher for MVP. A starter only plays in 1/5 of the teams games if they dont miss a start and a reliever will only pitch maybe 60 innings or so. I just cant give someone who isnt an every day player the MVP.

Best pitcher gets the Cy Young and the best overall player should get the MVP. I just dont think any pitcher plays enough to out-produce a great position player.