MLB Discussion

As a Sox fan, curious to see if the 2 meet AGAIN in the post season, as it seems that is always the case. Gotta like Kazmir once he gets going, always was legit in Tampa. JW looked great last nite for his first game, as I am curious to see what Lackey does tonight for the Sox. Matsui had a nice stroke and hes always been a legit hitter so guys made out on that end gettin rid of old legs vlady..

ps-funny coco crisp is out AGAIN with hand injuries, what a bust.

i miss Kaz :(

fuck our small payroll

I really hope Kaz lives up to expectations cause I think Sean Rodriguez is going to be a really good player. Id hate to think the Angels gave him up for a pitcher who never really panned out. Rodriguez was probably the best player in spring training. I know that doesnt mean much but I think he's really showing what he's capable of. I think Kaz will do well tho.

fuck our small payroll

I really hope Kaz lives up to expectations cause I think Sean Rodriguez is going to be a really good player. Id hate to think the Angels gave him up for a pitcher who never really panned out. Rodriguez was probably the best player in spring training. I know that doesnt mean much but I think he's really showing what he's capable of. I think Kaz will do well tho.

As someone who has seen too many games featuring Kaz, I think you wouldn't have to worry about him panning out. Plus, I am not to worried about the other teams in the AL west that the Angels wouldn't be in the post-season. It would take a string of injuries and bad luck. 3 years in a row of AL West champions isn't just a fluke.

As someone who has seen too many games featuring Kaz, I think you wouldn't have to worry about him panning out. Plus, I am not to worried about the other teams in the AL west that the Angels wouldn't be in the post-season. It would take a string of injuries and bad luck. 3 years in a row of AL West champions isn't just a fluke.

Yea Angels definitely arent a fluke. I fully expect them to win the West this year again.

I know Kaz can really pitch, I just hope he stays healthy. If he's healthy he should be great, he's going to miss his first start of the season tho. They said he should only miss one.

Im excited to see how Ervin Santana does this year. That guy has ridiculous ace-type stuff, he just cant seem to keep it together season to season. He seems to be healthy now too and is throwing hard and I hope it stays that way.

fuck our small payroll

Small payroll be damned, its a pretty competative squad, esp with longoria, bartlett, etc. the rays are certainly not the doormat to MLB anymore.

I'm aware of that. It just sucks that at the end of the season, there is absolutely no way we can keep both Pena and Crawford after both of them have blossomed the past few years

jesus i had no idea nick johnson had such a good eye, dudes walked 4 times already in ten at bats, against some serious pitchers

he had an 11 pitch at bat last season. i read somewhere that Selig was going to fine him $5k if he did that again, because Yankees games are "taking too long"

I'm pretty stoked on the Braves and I really haven't cared about baseball for years now. I used to play all the time and the Braves were my team and this new Heyward kid is crazy. One of my friends got drafted by the Braves a year or two ago and is playing in the minors so hopefully he will be there someday.

Whoa, I just googled his name for some stats on him and there was an article on him comparing his numbers to Heyward last year and his were better and they were talking about how it looks like the Braves may be calling him up in the next 2 years and how they apparently tried to draft him 4 different times. He's the best all around athlete I've ever known, all his coaches in highschool said he could get a full ride to any almost any school in football, baseball or basketball. It's crazy to think someone I was best friends with as a kid is going to be a pro more than likely.

jesus i had no idea nick johnson had such a good eye, dudes walked 4 times already in ten at bats, against some serious pitchers

he had an 11 pitch at bat last season. i read somewhere that Selig was going to fine him $5k if he did that again, because Yankees games are "taking too long"

I've been @ both games so far, I don't see why I am shocked I am getting home later then a Bruins or Celtics game. Yanks games take that long cuz that is their MO, like the Sox old one, work the pitch count. It's how to win games. It would be outlandish to fine a team for trying to win. I hope Selig doesn't do that.

Hey, Matt, I don't know how many games I'm going to this year (my dad gets season tickets from his job, but its shared with multiple employees), but if you ever have an extra ticket to a game let me know as I would probably go if I could.

It would take a string of injuries and bad luck. 3 years in a row of AL West champions isn't just a fluke.

Yea Angels definitely arent a fluke. I fully expect them to win the West this year again.

Ruling out the Rangers so quickly?? It's gonna be a tight race, and the Angels are definitely a tough competitor. But I can definitely see the Rangers taking over. It's gonna be a tough year, but I think as long as they stay healthy (Kinsler, Hamilton, Young, etc), the Angels have a legit concern with the Rangers. I wouldn't toss them to the side so quickly.

Opening day was a blast!! The Blue Jays had a no-hitter through the 6th, but the 7th inning opened up a whole new ballgame when Cruz hit that 3 run homerun to tie it up. One of the most exciting ends to a ballgame that I've ever been to.

Ruling out the Rangers so quickly?? It's gonna be a tight race, and the Angels are definitely a tough competitor. But I can definitely see the Rangers taking over. It's gonna be a tough year, but I think as long as they stay healthy (Kinsler, Hamilton, Young, etc), the Angels have a legit concern with the Rangers. I wouldn't toss them to the side so quickly.

Opening day was a blast!! The Blue Jays had a no-hitter through the 6th, but the 7th inning opened up a whole new ballgame when Cruz hit that 3 run homerun to tie it up. One of the most exciting ends to a ballgame that I've ever been to.

Eric,

You are right, I did jump the gun quickly, just due to seeing the Angels/Sox every year. Gotta love Hamilton's chances to go yard hopefully 20 times..plus another year with Salty behind the plate (wish the Sox got him instead of V-Mart sometimes)..and Kinsler is right up there with top tier infielders imo..Besides Rich Harden though..you trust that rotation (and hopefully no injuries to him)

Yo Travis,

Lackey tonight for the Sox. As a fan, we're you shocked/sad/indifferent about him signing a deal elsewhere?

I was bummed when he left but now after the shit he was talking after going to Boston, I hope someone hits a line drive off his forehead.

Angels got Pinero which doesnt exactly replace someone like Lackey but if Pinero can repeat what he did last year it should help out quite a bit and overall the Angels have a deep staff and pen.

Eric,

You are right, I did jump the gun quickly, just due to seeing the Angels/Sox every year. Gotta love Hamilton's chances to go yard hopefully 20 times..plus another year with Salty behind the plate (wish the Sox got him instead of V-Mart sometimes)..and Kinsler is right up there with top tier infielders imo..Besides Rich Harden though..you trust that rotation (and hopefully no injuries to him)

I think the Rangers will be an improved team but I dont think they have enough to take the divison from the Angels. Same goes for Seattle. Remember how the Rangers had a big lead last year? The Angels still won the division by double digits. Rangers will have a strong line up but I dont think their staff is going to hold up.

Ive been thinking about this all off season. I dont think any team in the West improved enough to win the division but I do think it will be a much tighter race this year.

Yo Travis,

Lackey tonight for the Sox. As a fan, we're you shocked/sad/indifferent about him signing a deal elsewhere?

I was bummed when he left but now after the shit he was talking after going to Boston, I hope someone hits a line drive off his forehead.

Angels got Pinero which doesnt exactly replace someone like Lackey but if Pinero can repeat what he did last year it should help out quite a bit and overall the Angels have a deep staff and pen.

Funny when the Sox had Pinero I wanted to drive him to the airport to get him out of town, and he tore it up in the NL and all that. Im sure he will do nice in the West.

Funny when the Sox had Pinero I wanted to drive him to the airport to get him out of town, and he tore it up in the NL and all that. Im sure he will do nice in the West.

I hope so, the Angels are going to need it. He's done really well since developing his sinker so hopefully that holds up. He's been showing that pitch to some of the other Angels pitchers. Weaver was throwing it in the opener.

While the Angels dont have a true ace and the closest thing they had to one (Lackey) left, I still think they have one of the deeper staffs in the league. Plus their pen is capable of being lights out from the 6th (Jepsen, Rodney, Shields, Fuentes) on so Im pretty happy with their pitching for the first time in a while. If the starter can go 5 and have a lead there is a good chance the Angels will win. See how it pans out tho.