Chamberlain re-issues?

Back on Punknews.org Vinyl File #20, our good friend Ben interviewed Kyle Gebhart of Doghouse Records.

In the interview, Kyle said:

"We're re-issuing both Chamberlain full-lengths (Fates Got a Driver and The Moon My Saddle) on one 2xLP release. It will also have never before released bonus stuff, rarities, plus biographies and interviews. Previously mentitoned product manager, Adam Rubenstein was the guitarist in Chamberlain, and now he's the one who gets to put it together. I can't say yet, but there's likely to be some other pretty exciting vinyl stuff coming out as well."

Any update on these re-issues? Being a longtime Chamberlain fan, this was great to hear. Just eager to get more info for when it may be happening.

• 3 months later...
I have "Moon My Saddle" but I'd like "Fate's Got A Driver" (although I prefer the Split Lip version more than the reissued Chamberlain one).

did they re-record the record for the Chamberlain version??? I thought they just changed the name and re-released it. the demo version of Uniontown from the Anti Matter 7" is unreal good / better than the Fate's version I have....

I have "Moon My Saddle" but I'd like "Fate's Got A Driver" (although I prefer the Split Lip version more than the reissued Chamberlain one).

did they re-record the record for the Chamberlain version??? I thought they just changed the name and re-released it. the demo version of Uniontown from the Anti Matter 7" is unreal good / better than the Fate's version I have....

I don't know if they re-recorded the instruments, but the vocals were.

I don't know if they re-recorded the instruments, but the vocals were.

HOoooo-LEeeEEeeeEE SSSSSSHHHHHHHH-iiiiiiiiTtttTtTtTTTTTTtt!

I have a pretty completed Split Lip / Chamberlain collection. Missing maybe a couple of color variations but that's about it.

But yeah...when Fate's Got A Driver got re-released under the Chamberlain name, they remixed it and re-recorded all the vocals.

They slapped a sticker onf some of the leftover Split Lip jackets:

[image]

I was definitely disappointed in the re-release of Fate's Got A Driver. I think they were striving for what they would eventually do with The Moon My Saddle, but didn't quite know how to hit it yet. The result is a wildly uneven and mismatched vocal performance, but then that's just one man's opinion. If Fate's was a great leap forward for the band, the re=recorded version is the micro-leap they needed to get to Moon.