United Nations is coming out!

yes... power violence was essentially emo bordering on grind. orchid, reversal of man, angel hair, joshua fit for battle, etc

you're actually...wrong...but okay.

okay captain semantics, we're now all waiting for you to enlighten us?

edit: also, you should probably email that guy from thursday, didn't he namedrop orchid, reversal of man, and powerviolence all in the same sentence? so he should probably be proven wrong as soon as possible.

in my opinion the only band ever deserving of the the title of "power-violence", that I've ever witnessed, is Kungfu Rick.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chicago.............charles bronson?

I never saw Charles Bronson, and Mark McCoy is a complete tool. plus musically I think their song titles were better than their actual songs. ...and they were from Dekalb.

the fact that "power violence" is used to describe a genre of music that can otherwise be called "screamo" makes my stomach churn

I don't know if I'm more comfortable with it being powerful, and not violent, or violent, and not powerful, but I'm certain it's not both. Damn, I wish I wasn't so turned off by genre definitions.

Aside from all that, this project should definitely make an interesting... sound? I'd like to give it a listen.

you're actually...wrong...but okay.

okay captain semantics, we're now all waiting for you to enlighten us?

edit: also, you should probably email that guy from thursday, didn't he namedrop orchid, reversal of man, and powerviolence all in the same sentence? so he should probably be proven wrong as soon as possible.

or you could be a total dick.

i didn't read the article, i skimmed through this post, saw the incorrect post and told you that you were wrong.

get the sand out of your vagina.

yes... power violence was essentially emo bordering on grind. orchid, reversal of man, angel hair, joshua fit for battle, etc

none of that has anything to do with power violence. i don't know if you are taking your facts from the article, or if you were too caught up with raving and kurt cobain in the 90's, because you've got a few years on me, but none of what you consider power-violence, is power-violence. power violence was thrash/hardcore like spazz, charles bronson, capitalist casualties, etc. fast and punk.

all the stuff you listed, was basically screamo, and that's partially arguable, and that's the only time where semantics would come into play here. power-violence, is it's own definable genre of music. separate from grind, separate from screamo, and far as fuck away from your shit definition.

i don't know who let you out of your padded cell to post stupid shit on the internet. but seriously...you're 27, act like it, d-bag.

the fact that "power violence" is used to describe a genre of music that can otherwise be called "screamo" makes my stomach churn

WRONG. they're entirely different fucking styles of music.

holy shit, the information super fucking high way is at your fucking finger tips, use it.

hahah, its cool bro. ive never felt the need to check up on something called "power violence." and when i find out that members of thursday are putting out a record in said genre it sets off a warning to stay away. im still "no care ever" on this whole thread.