unusual vinyl find last weekend

I was shopping for vinyl (in Vancouver) last weekend and I came across one that really struck me as unusual: Everclear's "Sparkle and Fade" on transparent green vinyl. It seems odd to me, because for one it was pretty cheap ($12 - about half of what most new vinyl costs around here), it's an original from 1994 or 1995 or whatever. It's clear green, which is rare for major labels according to my experiences. So, I picked it up. I loved that album back in the day, and it has held up pretty well to time. And it sounds pretty sweet on vinyl too.

Anybody else find something that you had no idea existed?

Oh man, totally jealous! Love that record (and Afterglow, too).

I felt that way when I found Ben Folds Five's "The Unauthorized Biography Of Reinhold Messner" on LP new for eight dollars at some random record store a few years ago. It wasn't on colored vinyl, but it's still pretty sweet.

at Treehouse Records in Mpls I once found this LTJ record, "She's gonna break soon" and no one had any kind of info on it. The LTJ website didn't mention it, searches on eBay / howsyouredge / recordnerd / etc showed no one had it, google gave me nothing

2 months after they started popping up everywhere on eBay uk mostly.. that was weiiiird.

Guest conoley

L-u-c-k-y

Speaking of a cheap eBay find, I won The Blood Brothers - March on Electric Children picture disc for $1.25 (it came to $3 after s/h). I couldn't believe it when the auction ended.

- Jeff

I was shopping for vinyl (in Vancouver) last weekend and I came across one that really struck me as unusual: Everclear's "Sparkle and Fade" on transparent green vinyl. It seems odd to me, because for one it was pretty cheap ($12 - about half of what most new vinyl costs around here), it's an original from 1994 or 1995 or whatever. It's clear green, which is rare for major labels according to my experiences. So, I picked it up. I loved that album back in the day, and it has held up pretty well to time. And it sounds pretty sweet on vinyl too.

Anybody else find something that you had no idea existed?

That album also came with a 7" on red vinyl w/ a picture sleeve. Live tracks from a radio session, all from World of Noise. Buy it, the two should never be separated!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVERCLEAR-Live-On-The-Radio-PROMO-EP-45-RED-VINYL_W0QQitemZ190128689581QQcmdZViewItem

World of Noise was pressed on clear vinyl, which is even more surprising than Sparkle and Fade. And it's on eBay at normal prices all the time. Talk about a must have album...