NFL Discussion

He at least benefits from being in an easy division. But I agree with you. I'm not hopeful for him this season.

i'm 99% sure this was sarcasm, but in case it wasn't the past 5 years the division had 11 playoffs berths. which means they have had 2 playoff berths a season each year and in  2011-2012, 3 playoff berths.  since 2000, they have had a combined 4 super bowls wins. afc east has 3 (both pats) and nfc east has 2 (both g-man)

long story short, browns suck.

i'd call nfc east the division most wide open.  i could see any of those teams taking the division.

I honestly think its the Cowboys's division this year. A healthy Murray is key but holy fuck is Dez Bryant going to go off this year. If the new D can stop the run and Skins, we will be solid. The Giants have had too many injuries, RG III is coming off injury, and the Eagles are the Eagles....so no worry there. Even though I think they will be better offensively, doesnt help the D.

they would be my likely pick too, however i'm curious to see what rg3 and morris do for a encore, chip kelly and a healthy vick and mccoy can do, and how eli and their offense bounce back from last year.

Chip and Vick/Mccoy will be deadly, but the D wont b able to hold a lead. As for Eli and the O, they got fucked with Brown getting hurt. He was their redzone guy (which Im all for). Stevie Brown getting hurt will also be a killer for them due to the fact he killed us last year and was their best safety. As for Morris and RG3 I think theyll do just as well, but I think the Cowboys got better than they were last year and after seeing him twice, will be able to stop him. They wouldnt have lost week 17 if it wasnt for those STUPID 3 picks Romo threw. 1 wasnt his fault but the last 2, holy fuck. He was officially dead to me. Now I just deal with him cause I have no choice. Unless he leads them to the super bowl this year he can never redeem himself.

I think a healthy Murray is key for the Boys. It puts less pressure on Romo which is huge. I mean honestly, the dude is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys....thats a fuck ton of pressure. I also think the new D if healthy will be a huge factor because of the fact they let up so many points last year, it was all up to Romo to win the games, and that isnt the way its supposed to be. If they held a lead last year, we wouldnt be seeing the Ravens in the Super Bowl last year. Just think about that. 

Now why would you hate that? You're a Broncos fan, you have no reason to root against the Cowboys unless its week 5 (or 4, whenever we play).

As a Broncos fan myself, I also hate the Cowboys. But I grew up in Texas and learned to dislike them thanks to a generally obnoxious fan base and an ever-disappointing team.

Okay, looking for advice.  Need to fill my backup QB for week one of fantasy football.  Would you guys start Flacco tonight against Denvers D (minus Champ Bailey) or go with Eli Manning on Sunday night vs the Cowboys??  Any insight would be appreciated.

That's a tough call!

The league I am in only allows 3 qb's on a roster.  2 qb's start each week.  I already have Cam Newton starting and need one more.  Those are the other 2 on my roster.  Not the best, but it's what I have to work with.

Tough week 1. Cam vs Seattle and the other options are Flacco and Eli. 

Yeah, its really tough.  I like the fact that Bailey isnt going to be in the secondary tonight which is a little favorable for Flacco.  The Giants didnt perform that well against Dallas last year and Eli is hit or miss anymore as it is.  Its like a friggin coin flip, decision.

Chris Harris and Dominique Rodgers-Cramartie aren't scrubs though. Denver secondary is going to be pretty tight even without Champ. You've got to with the guy who's throwing to Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.