NFL Discussion

In each of the past four seasons, Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers are the only NFL quarterbacks to throw for at least 3,600 yards and 20 TDs while posting 12 INTs or less.

3600 and 20 tds are nothing in today's nfl. All this line really told me is that flacco doesn't throw a lot of picks, which anyone would give him credit for, whether they think he is elite or not.

drafted my 3rd and 4th team over the weekend, here they are for anyone who cares.  

Torti's Tip-Top Team

1. (6) Ray Rice(Bal - RB)

2. (15) Aaron Rodgers(GB - QB)

3. (26) Randall Cobb(GB - WR)

4. (35) Marques Colston(NO - WR)

5. (46) Eric Decker(Den - WR)

6. (55) Lamar Miller(Mia - RB)

7. (66) Golden Tate(Sea - WR)

8. (75) Owen Daniels(Hou - TE)

9. (86) Tavon Austin(StL - WR)

10. (95) Stevie Johnson(Buf - WR)

11. (106) Green Bay(GB - DEF)

12. (115) Steven Hauschka Sea - K

13. (126) Pittsburgh(Pit - DEF)

14. (135) Rashard Mendenhall(Ari - RB)

15. (146) Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)

1. (3) LeSean McCoy(Phi - RB)

2. (18) Stevan Ridley(NE - RB)

3. (23) Brandon Marshall(Chi - WR)

4. (38) Vincent Jackson(TB - WR)

5. (43) Tom Brady(NE - QB)

6. (58) Steve Smith(Car - WR)

7. (63) Fred Davis(Was - TE)

8. (78) Cincinnati(Cin - DEF)

9. (83) Blair Walsh(Min - K)

10. (98) Giovani Bernard(Cin - RB)

11. (103) T.Y. Hilton(Ind - WR)

12. (118) Ben Roethlisberger(Pit - QB)

13. (123) Michael Floyd(Ari - WR)

14. (138) Julius Thomas(Den - TE)

15. (143) Tampa Bay(TB - DEF)

how in the world did mendenhall go in the 14th?!

He wasn't spectacular in Pitt, is injury prone, is already banged up, and Arizona's o-line is one of the worst in football. They drafted a guard with a very high pick, and he's already on IR.

He deserves to be one of the last couple starting running backs off the board. Whether that means 8th or 10th or 14th round, not sure. 14th does seem late. I'd assume the worst starting running backs would be gone around round 10 but I could see taking a flier on a guy like Ben Tate over him, even though he isn't a starter.

i'm just making fun of the media's incessant manning boner. one is terrible in the regular season, the other terrible in the post season.

but they're each the best ever.

Also, My team if anyone is interested. I didn't have a 6th, 7th or 8th pick. 2 Keeper league, PPR, 12 teams.

QB - Eli Manning

QB - Matt Schaub

QB - Jeff Tuel.. will explain..

RB - Adrian Peterson

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - Danny Woodhead

RB - Christine Michael

WR - Dez Bryant

WR - Antonio Brown

WR - Torrey Smith

WR - Alshon Jeffrey

WR - Jeremy Kerley

WR - Michael Crabtree

TE - Rob Gronkowski

TE - Tyler Eifert

K - Blair Walsh

K - Dustin Hopkis ..will also explain..

DST - Cowboys

ok, so I picked Tuel and Hopkins in the 16th round. A kid in my league was taking shots for every Bill selected.. they were number 11 and 12 for a double shot of Jim Bean.. he puked, and it was worth it.

Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees are the only elite QBs in the league in my opinion. Each has at least one ring, three are MVPs, each have ridiculous career stats, and they are all locks for the HOF.

People confuse "really good" and "elite" too often.

inb4malonesaysflacco

feel pretty good about who i'm playing in my rb1,(ridley) rb2, (mjd) and flex spot (d. wilson) this week in my other league. however, don't know who i am naming my wr3. wr1 (colston) and wr2 (a. johnson) are locks for me, but i'm on the fence about who to play with tavon austin, cecil shorts, and stevie johnson for that final spot.

I'd say Johnson since The Bills will be behind all game, but who knows if the QB will be able to get him the ball. So probably Shorts.

I'm a bit torn between Newton vs Seattle and Luck vs Oakland.

That's tough. I'm obviously not very high on Luck, but against the Raiders I'm pretty sure I could throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs. And Cam could either be his awesome self, or do jack shit against a really good secondary.

Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees are the only elite QBs in the league in my opinion. Each has at least one ring, three are MVPs, each have ridiculous career stats, and they are all locks for the HOF.

People confuse "really good" and "elite" too often.

Brady and Manning are HOF locks, brees and Rodgers are not.  if either of those two sustain a serious injury and struggle after they come back they will not get in, but if that were to happen to either Brady or Manning, at this point in their careers, they would get into the HOF.  Brees and Rodgers need a couple more star seasons before they're HOF locks at all.