NFL Discussion

I love Stevie Johnson's confidence. Really hope he can back it up. Talib is no slouch.

his confidence is trounced by his stupidity. mentioning that chung is a personal friend of his when the dude isn't even on the patriots anymore.

Why would anyone be down on EJ Manuel? He has about as much upside as any rookie QB of the past few years. Will Buffalo support him on the line enough to succeed and develop? That remains to be seen but as a Gator fan I like this Nole and think he can be pretty successful. Tons of upside.

Speaking of Noles - who watched that game last night? Winston looks like the real deal. Crud, he looks beyond the real deal. 

I'm so stoked for this season to start.  Plus it will be nice for ESPN to have multiple professional sports to cover again.

Here are a few of my predictions. Some of them are obvious and some are oddly specific.

- Super Bowl will be Broncos vs. Seahawks

- AP breaks 2000 yards again

- MJD gets Comeback Player of the Year, Alex Smith will be second in voting

- Andrew Luck and the Colts will bomb this season (be .500 at best)

- Steven Jackson will get injured

- Lions make it to the playoffs

- This will be Jason Garrett's last year as Cowboys head coach and Rex Ryan's last year as Jets head coach

- Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill will suck and people will stop acting like they have potential

- Broncos will have 3 1000 yard receivers

Why would anyone be down on EJ Manuel? He has about as much upside as any rookie QB of the past few years. Will Buffalo support him on the line enough to succeed and develop? That remains to be seen but as a Gator fan I like this Nole and think he can be pretty successful. Tons of upside.

Speaking of Noles - who watched that game last night? Winston looks like the real deal. Crud, he looks beyond the real deal. 

Kaepernick? Wilson? Luck? Griffin? Newton?

I'm so stoked for this season to start.  Plus it will be nice for ESPN to have multiple professional sports to cover again.

Here are a few of my predictions. Some of them are obvious and some are oddly specific.

- Super Bowl will be Broncos vs. Seahawks

- AP breaks 2000 yards again

- MJD gets Comeback Player of the Year, Alex Smith will be second in voting

- Andrew Luck and the Colts will bomb this season (be .500 at best)

- Steven Jackson will get injured

- Lions make it to the playoffs

- This will be Jason Garrett's last year as Cowboys head coach and Rex Ryan's last year as Jets head coach

- Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill will suck and people will stop acting like they have potential

- Broncos will have 3 1000 yard receivers

your predictions don't bode well for ANY of my fantasy teams

If playoff success makes you elite, Flacco is already there. His six postseason road wins are the most in NFL history. His nine playoff wins are tied with Tom Brady for the most in a quarterback's first 5 seasons. And his 11 touchdown passes in the 2012 playoffs? Nobody has thrown more in one postseason campaign.

Kaepernick? Wilson? Luck? Griffin? Newton?

What's your point? I didn't talk down any other young quarterback. I simply said this kid has a huge upside and can be as successful in this league. I believe that. No one expected Wilson or Kaepernick to be as excellent as they proved to be at this point in their careers.