NFL Discussion

1. even if he actually caught the ball, there is no way that he would have secured possession when he hit the ground. none. 

2. the drop in the baltimore game immediately followed a big hit that undoubtedly loosened a few screws.

3. most drops over the last 4 years means nothing. show me percentages of passes caught/dropped. has anyone else been targeted as much as him in that span?

I'm with ya.

Another consideration is that I believe certain types of routes are going to be more prone to the dropped pass. On a quick out route, the WR turns around and the ball is in his hands. Little time to react. Probably a linebacker about to blow him out he can see out of the corner of his eye.

On deeper routes, completing the pass is less a matter of whether the QB puts the ball right in the hands of the WR at the perfect time. More about a WR beating a corner in elusiveness or speed. So the guy is either covered well (no drop), semi-covered in things like a close jump ball (I'm assuming there is no drop assessed in this situation), or open (would get a drop if he missed it, but has less traffic around him than at the line and can catch a well thrown ball a little easier).

A simpler way of saying that is that even if the number of targets were equal between a slot guy and outside receiver, you expect the slot guy to catch more due to the length of the pass and are thus more likely to assign a drop when it doesn't happen.

well that suuuucked.

gostowski's miss turned out to be way bigger than it seemed.

even worse were the two 15 play drives that each ended in field goals. i'm almost used to that happening on the opening drive- but they never seem to pull that later in the game.

Psh, Cowboys play calling against an equally awful Packers defense is the issue. Your defense was doing fine in the first half.

I agree on the play calling but to say they were doing fine would be a stretch. If the half hadn't come up pack would have scored on the final drive. And it's the cowboys d. Sometimes they don't realize till the second half that they suck.