NFL Discussion

Manning starting to fade again in the cold?

Can't put that on Peyton.  Chargers dominated the shit out of time of possession.  Broncos D couldn't stop the run game, and extended Charger drives with stupid penalties.  Peyton was barely on the field, and Julius Thomas dropping passes didn't really help.  Guess Welker is a big piece of that team.

Can't put that on Peyton.  Chargers dominated the shit out of time of possession.  Broncos D couldn't stop the run game, and extended Charger drives with stupid penalties.  Peyton was barely on the field, and Julius Thomas dropping passes didn't really help.  Guess Welker is a big piece of that team.

lol that the Broncos lost...to the Chargers.

Haha division games are nearly always close. What's wrong with losing to the Chargers? We've never lost this season by more than one score. Close games all year. But yeah, we have faded compared to past years with Pro Bowl rosters.

Boy, does New England get all the breaks. If they win out, they get the number one seed. I don't see how Peyton can win in Foxboro at the AFC Championship game, if both teams make it, in January.

No way Patriots continue their "dominance" in the playoffs. When Welker is back and healthy, oh my goodness that Broncos offense is pure killer. I mean true, Patriots could play clock ball against the Broncos. But I don't see this season slipping away from the Broncos. I still think they're the team to beat. And I'm a die hard Chargers fan. I think Denver will make the right adjustments before playoffs, defensively. 

Pats have 10 wins but only 3 of them were by more than a score (Tampa, Pitt, Miami).

Of the Broncos 11 wins, only 1 was by a single score (Dallas), arguably 2 if you want to count an 8 point win over the Chargers.

Anything can happening the playoffs and the teams have similar records, but the Broncos have looked FAR superior to the Pats this year. Would be a 7 point favorite at least if the two met in the playoffs.

Anything can happening the playoffs and the teams have similar records, but the Broncos have looked FAR superior to the Pats this year. Would be a 7 point favorite at least if the two met in the playoffs.

I dislike the Pats as much as the next guy but to say they'd be a 7 point dog to the Broncos is quite a stretch, especially considering that the game will more than likely be in Foxboro.

if that's a super bowl jab- not gonna work. that was brady's fault, not welker's.

I'm sorry but the ball hits welker in the hands.   you need to make that catch.   Was the ball a little inaccurate, sure.   but it hits his hands.   and im also talking about the Ravens playoff game last year.  drops a ball that would have kept a drive going and put the game out of reach  http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54445/wes-welker-future-with-patriots-in-limbo   He also had a key drop in the Denver New England game this year in overtime going for the win.  He is the face for butterfingers

The last 4 years he has the most drops in the nfl over this span.  http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/drops-are-nothing-new-for-wes-welker

I think it's safe to say that the AFC playoffs will be fun to watch. To assume that the Broncos and Pats will meet in the conference finals is a big jump. The Colts (who beat the Broncos) and the Bengals (who beat the Patriots) will both be there too. Am I rooting for my team? Of course. Do I think we have a good chance to get to the Super Bowl? Of course. But it won't be a cakewalk for us or anyone.

I'm sorry but the ball hits welker in the hands.   you need to make that catch.   Was the ball a little inaccurate, sure.   but it hits his hands.   and im also talking about the Ravens playoff game last year.  drops a ball that would have kept a drive going and put the game out of reach  http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54445/wes-welker-future-with-patriots-in-limbo   He also had a key drop in the Denver New England game this year in overtime going for the win.  He is the face for butterfingers

The last 4 years he has the most drops in the nfl over this span.  http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/drops-are-nothing-new-for-wes-welker

1. even if he actually caught the ball, there is no way that he would have secured possession when he hit the ground. none. 

2. the drop in the baltimore game immediately followed a big hit that undoubtedly loosened a few screws.

3. most drops over the last 4 years means nothing. show me percentages of passes caught/dropped. has anyone else been targeted as much as him in that span?