Punkews Gets Ridic

don

works fine in my browser... maybe your browser is STUPID :P

YOU SEE THAT! BEN CAN'T SEE IT EITHER GET W/ THE TIMES HOMIE!

it was cached.. that's why i saw it.. then i couldnt.. my bad... but did you see Aaron with the ladies... it's funny how drunk chics will take a picture with whoever says "ITS FOR A MAGAZINE"

[image]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
Oh, I know what I wrote, but I never called you stupid. I just pointed out that it was amusing that you were implying people aren't smart because they weren't ignoring the comments. While at the same time you overlooked a very minuscule thing.

Here's your quote from above:

There's a simple solution to that you know. I thought you all were smarter than that.

As I said before, what about people who actually enjoyed the comments, want to read them, gain knowledge, and/or conversation? Ya know, the whole point of websites w/ open discussions.

So you basically said "Kirby and everyone else who reads comments on websites because you like hearing other peoples opinions and discussing topics at hand are not smart because you can ignore them if they bother you."

In essence, you called me "stupid" not the other way around.

This is the most ridiculous argument. I thought it was common knowledge that 95% of the Punknews comments are idiotic. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to say "Oh I read them for the small amount of good ones there are" only to come on another message board and shit talk the whole site based on the comments that you still force yourself to read because you want to find the "good" ones. That doesn't make a lick of sense. I feel the same way for people who say they hate certain websites or message boards yet still post and read anyway. Why force yourself to keep doing something if you're just going to complain about it elsewhere? That's basically all I meant by "I thought you guys were smarter than that". Fuckin' A.

Oh, I know what I wrote, but I never called you stupid. I just pointed out that it was amusing that you were implying people aren't smart because they weren't ignoring the comments. While at the same time you overlooked a very minuscule thing.

Here's your quote from above:

As I said before, what about people who actually enjoyed the comments, want to read them, gain knowledge, and/or conversation? Ya know, the whole point of websites w/ open discussions.

So you basically said "Kirby and everyone else who reads comments on websites because you like hearing other peoples opinions and discussing topics at hand are not smart because you can ignore them if they bother you."

In essence, you called me "stupid" not the other way around.

This is the most ridiculous argument. I thought it was common knowledge that 95% of the Punknews comments are idiotic. It doesn't make sense to me for someone to say "Oh I read them for the small amount of good ones there are" only to come on another message board and shit talk the whole site based on the comments that you still force yourself to read because you want to find the "good" ones. That doesn't make a lick of sense. I feel the same way for people who say they hate certain websites or message boards yet still post and read anyway. Why force yourself to keep doing something if you're just going to complain about it elsewhere? That's basically all I meant by "I thought you guys were smarter than that". Fuckin' A.

I don't even know what you're arguing anymore.

When did you start going to Punknews.org? I was there almost from the very beginning and for a very short time I was a news editor. The comments section were worthwhile back then. If you only started going there within the past few years then you wouldn't remember the good 'ol days.

Face it, you made a silly comment, I called you on it, you got upset and are trying to get back at me, w/ no luck.

Guest genericinsight

When did you start going to Punknews.org? I was there almost from the very beginning and for a very short time I was a news editor. The comments section were worthwhile back then. If you only started going there within the past few years then you wouldn't remember the good 'ol days.

Face it, you made a silly comment, I called you on it, you got upset and are trying to get back at me, w/ no luck.

You're the one who got butthurt when I made the initial comment and started this stupid argument with me.

What difference does it make when we started reading Punknews, unless you're now trying to pull that "I've been reading way longer than you have" card. Not that it makes a difference but I started reading that site in 2001 and I don't remember the comments being much different.

Also, major LOLage at how much my karma has gone down in two days. Seriously, that's really mature to click the smite button every time someone posts an opinion different than the general populous.

Guest genericinsight

Come on assholes, just keep clicking that smite button because I made a comment about it! Woohoo! Make me look like a douchebag when all I did was make a single comment that got way too out of proportion. You'll notice that kirbypuckett is the ONLY person who took offense to what I said and started this argument.

You're the one who got butthurt when I made the initial comment and started this stupid argument with me.

What difference does it make when we started reading Punknews, unless you're now trying to pull that "I've been reading way longer than you have" card. Not that it makes a difference but I started reading that site in 2001 and I don't remember the comments being much different.

Also, major LOLage at how much my karma has gone down in two days. Seriously, that's really mature to click the smite button every time someone posts an opinion different than the general populous.

Have you been paying attention to anything I've said so far? You keep trying to make an argument out of this, not me.

I honestly don't think you're interpreting what I'm writing correctly. I was not trying to say that I'm superior for reading Punknews longer, I was stating that it was much friendlier back in the day.

Was it that hard to figure that out?

I think I hit the negative karma thing on you once, because of your initial post, but that's it. So don't go assuming I did it and call me immature. Especially since your maturity level isn't anything to brag about after your latest reply.

Come on assholes, just keep clicking that smite button because I made a comment about it! Woohoo! Make me look like a douchebag when all I did was make a single comment that got way too out of proportion. You'll notice that kirbypuckett is the ONLY person who took offense to what I said and started this argument.

I only took offense when you told me to "fuck off."

You first took offense when you thought I called you stupid -- not my fault buckaroo.

This thread is soooo negative, I think we need some cake to cheer it up...

[image]

Have you been paying attention to anything I've said so far? You keep trying to make an argument out of this, not me.

I honestly don't think you're interpreting what I'm writing correctly. I was not trying to say that I'm superior for reading Punknews longer, I was stating that it was much friendlier back in the day.

Was it that hard to figure that out?

I think I hit the negative karma thing on you once, because of your initial post, but that's it. So don't go assuming I did it and call me immature. Especially since your maturity level isn't anything to brag about after your latest reply.

Apparently you're one to judge someone's maturity level based on stuff they post on a message board as if it shows someone's real worth. I was talking to everyone else, not you.

Face it, you don't want to admit you were the one who started this argument with me, you were the ONLY one who had something to say regarding what I initially said. And you're clearly equally as mature as I am that you keep continuing this argument that I even said was ridiculous. You don't have to reply to everything I say just as I don't have to reply to everything you say, I'm just bored and don't understand why you took a stab at me in the first place because I said something you got pissed off at.

This started in case you don't remember by me making a comment that you got upset at and then implied that I was stupid for not realizing you could e-mail the editors.

The thing is I was NEVER upset in the beginning. The only reason I really replied was to call you out because you thought people here would be smart enough not to read the comments, but you weren't "smart" enough to realize you could e-mail an editor.

You can continue to interpret that as you want, but I'll busy eating cake...

[image]

Guest genericinsight
Do you even realize what you're saying? What was the point in attempting to "call me out"? Come on, stop this. This is nonsense and we're both being equally not mature here.

BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!

You didn't even have the decency to end this and keep it between PM's like I asked you too. Thanks. ::)

Seriously, enough is enough, this is just making us both look bad.

Guest genericinsight
You take the Internet way to seriously.

Relax, have a slice -- I'll even let you have Leonardo.

[image]

So you're implying that this was all a joke?

and *I* take the Internet too seriously?

ugh.

Guest genericinsight
See, what you don't get is that your initial comment was to tell people to ignore the comments if it bothered them, but here I am bating you along in my joke where you yourself are not ignoring my comments which are clearly upsetting you.

;)

If you enjoy baiting people and getting a rise out of them via the internet, who's the mature one? Why is this continuing? ::)

I'm going out. I'm selling a medium sized Rival Schools hoodie in the sale thread, someone buy it from me.

Guest genericinsight
Bumping this thread because it makes me laugh like a child who first learned how to smell his own farts.

Also, I think Jeff should break up with his current lady and start dating genericinsight. Talk about a perfect match.

Shut it, Scott. :P