PO/TP: HONOR SYSTEM "Single File" LP

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I should have been to at last an hour ago. but I walked into my room to go to bed after a long day ready to collapse, but sitting waiting for me(thanks to my roommate for delivering it to a safe place) is a package from Solidarity Recordings.

It's my Honor System 'Single File' LP.

I can't tell you the last time I got a record in the mail(that I wasn't putting out myself) that the mere thought of holding it in my hands has taken my breath away. It's been a long ride waiting for this. I'm honestly kind of jealous.

When the Honor System were together they were my favorite local band. Hands down. Even though they had the stage presence of a bag of rocks...fucking hell as soon as they started to play these wonderful songs all criticisms fell by the wayside. tHS were one of those bands that was always absolutely perfect live. Sure there was always an occasional missed note followed by a laughing glance from another member of the band, a constant uncomfortable silence between songs while they tuned their guitars. I tried not to ever, ever miss a show...shit I had to have seen them at least 30 times and it was ALWAYS worth the trip (mind you, a lot of the time, it meant an hour or so drive from NW Indiana). I'll never forget the night Rob found a cowbell in the equipment room at Fireside and proceeded to add cowbell parts to EVERY song, Dan announced that they were gonna play a new song, to which I replied "Does the new song have cowbell in it?" A: "all the songs have cowbell parts". That got a good laugh out of the few attendees of that nights show. On a good night Dan would do this "Hanaway-breakdown kick stomp" thing when he was really into the songs.

There's something really magical about this record and these songs for me. I don't know if it was born out of my love for Dan's Broadways songs ...but as much as I loved the Broadways, tHS was a once in a lifetime band for me. I must have listened to this album a hundred and fifty times on CD(or dubbed to cassette, when I had a car) over the years, not even counting the other records. I know this fucking thing backwards and forwards. But I'll be damned if I couldn't resist sitting on my bed reading the insert stories from Mike Park, Chris McCaughan and Brian Moss & Randy's insert...then spending 10 minutes staring at the most beautiful fucking record I now own. Then putting on and listening to it one more time and thus stirring up all these memories. Goddamn I fucking love this record. There's no way in hell I could have done this nearly as well as Randy did. The art is spectacular, the layout is great it sounds amazing and it's still one of my favorite records...but it sounds a little better now that I finally have it on vinyl. like I said I'm a little jealous.

So I just wanted to say thanks again for getting this out.

This was one of my dream "what if money wasn't an issue" records to somehow get released...down the road. thanks so much Randy, holding this record literally brought tears to my eyes. Good night all.

I should have been to at last an hour ago. but I walked into my room to go to bed after a long day ready to collapse, but sitting waiting for me(thanks to my roommate for delivering it to a safe place) is a package from Solidarity Recordings.

I can't tell you the last time I got a record in the mail(that I wasn't putting out myself) that the mere thought of holding it in my hands has taken my breath away. It's been a long ride waiting for this. I'm honestly kind of jealous.

When the Honor System were together they were my favorite local band. Hands down. Even though they had the stage presence of a bag of rocks...fucking hell as soon as they started to play these wonderful songs all criticisms fell by the wayside. tHS were one of those bands that was always absolutely perfect live. Sure there was always an occasional missed note followed by a laughing glance from another member of the band, a constant uncomfortable silence between songs while they tuned their guitars. I tried not to ever, ever miss a show...shit I had to have seen them at least 30 times and it was ALWAYS worth the trip (mind you, a lot of the time, it meant an hour or so drive from NW Indiana). I'll never forget the night Rob found a cowbell in the equipment room at Fireside and proceeded to add cowbell parts to EVERY song, Dan announced that they were gonna play a new song, to which I replied "Does the new song have cowbell in it?" A: "all the songs have cowbell parts". That got a good laugh out of the few attendees of that nights show. On a good night Dan would do this "Hanaway-breakdown kick stomp" thing when he was really into the songs.

There's something really magical about this record and these songs for me. I don't know if it was born out of my love for Dan's Broadways songs ...but as much as I loved the Broadways, tHS was a once in a lifetime band for me. I must have listened to this album a hundred and fifty times on CD(or dubbed to cassette, when I had a car) over the years, not even counting the other records. I know this fucking thing backwards and forwards. But I'll be damned if I couldn't resist sitting on my bed reading the insert stories from Mike Park, Chris McCaughan and Brian Moss & Randy's insert...then spending 10 minutes staring at the most beautiful fucking record I now own. Then putting on and listening to it one more time and thus stirring up all these memories. Goddamn I fucking love this record. There's no way in hell I could have done this nearly as well as Randy did. The art is spectacular, the layout is great it sounds amazing and it's still one of my favorite records...but it sounds a little better now that I finally have it on vinyl. like I said I'm a little jealous.

This was one of my dream "what if money wasn't an issue" records to somehow get released...down the road. thanks so much Randy, holding this record literally brought tears to my eyes. Good night all.

holy fuck!!...thanks so much justin!...your opinion on this record means the most to me!!...if it wasnt for you, this would have never happened!....i am so glad you are a part of it!!...you more than any other person, love the honor system just as much as ido, and we are 2000 miles apart!!...its so rad what music can do!

wow...thanks again...everyone should read your post!...it brought chills/tears to the eyes!

not sound gay or anything.....fuck it! im comfortable with who i am. i have never read anything like that about a band in my entire life. i know the feeling justin is talking about. i didn't see them 30+ times. a handful at best. going to the che cafe in san diego seeing bands like the ghost the honor system and the larry arms when maybe 60 people where the energy those bands put out stand a life time. justin thats for taking the time to really express what the band meant to you. maybe it'll give some people who really haven't taken the chance to listen to this record a good idea of what this band was about.

peace

not sound gay or anything.....fuck it! im comfortable with who i am. i have never read anything like that about a band in my entire life. i know the feeling justin is talking about. i didn't see them 30+ times. a handful at best. going to the che cafe in san diego seeing bands like the ghost the honor system and the larry arms when maybe 60 people where the energy those bands put out stand a life time. justin thats for taking the time to really express what the band meant to you. maybe it'll give some people who really haven't taken the chance to listen to this record a good idea of what this band was about.

peace

yeah, ill admit it...this brought tears to my eyes and meant alot!!

hey, my name's john and im new to the board. just thought id throw in my two cents about this incredible album.

this record changed my life within the first 10 seconds of nails. i still have yet to hear another record like this. every time i listen to it, i notice something new and amazing about it and sit in wonder as to how an album like this was ever possibly written. over the past 6 years since i first heard it, i can still listen to the whole thing start to finish (even when randy and i listened to the test presses over and over, it never got old! haha)

randy, congrats on Solidarity's first born. i cant wait to hold my very own copy. see you in chicago in a month!

hey, my name's john and im new to the board. just thought id throw in my two cents about this incredible album.

this record changed my life within the first 10 seconds of nails. i still have yet to hear another record like this. every time i listen to it, i notice something new and amazing about it and sit in wonder as to how an album like this was ever possibly written. over the past 6 years since i first heard it, i can still listen to the whole thing start to finish (even when randy and i listened to the test presses over and over, it never got old! haha)

randy, congrats on Solidarity's first born. i cant wait to hold my very own copy. see you in chicago in a month!

thanks john!!...means alot!!!...those were fun times listening to the tests!!....see you soon in chicago!!...seriosuly, less than five weeks

welcome to the board...run or you wll be poor