Best record stores? You decide!

oakland

I know everyone loves their local spots, but the Denver metro area has a lot of great places. Black and Read, Twist and Shout, Wax Trax, Bart's CD Cellar and on and on.

I spend way too much money at Twist and Shout and Wax Trax. Haven't been to Black and Read but need to check that out.

Double Entendre (RIP) used to be a great store, too.

I know everyone loves their local spots, but the Denver metro area has a lot of great places. Black and Read, Twist and Shout, Wax Trax, Bart's CD Cellar and on and on.

I spend way too much money at Twist and Shout and Wax Trax. Haven't been to Black and Read but need to check that out.

I was going to school at CU when they closed the Wax Trax in Boulder. Sadness soon descended.

Guest scriptedrain
Treehouse has somme good hard to find 7 inches, especially imports

its however run by the biggest douchebag in the whole twin cities' history

Whos that?

Last year I went into Amoeba (LA) and walked out with 17 LPs (didn't even look at the 7"s, it was getting too ridiculous).

I've never been able to do that with any other record store. Although the last few times I went there I haven't been able to find much I wanted.

last time i went i grabbed 8 LPs i think...i need to go back but im flat ass broke

Guest scriptedrain

Whos that?

dunno his name, i just know everytime i go there he acts like a fucking snobish jerk

Oh, I thought maybe it was someone known around town as an asshole. Do they still have the couch up front?

Guest scriptedrain

Ok, then you might be the perfect person to ask this. My girlfriend and I want to hit up some record stores next time we're in the cities - well, not the next time, because we're going to the Vikings / Lions game on Sunday and I think we're just going there and back with 2 other people. I honestly don't know of any place in the area other than Treehouse. Do you have a top 5 or any recommendations?

I was going to school at CU when they closed the Wax Trax in Boulder. Sadness soon descended.

Yeah, Albums on the Hill never did it for me.

Ok, then you might be the perfect person to ask this. My girlfriend and I want to hit up some record stores next time we're in the cities - well, not the next time, because we're going to the Vikings / Lions game on Sunday and I think we're just going there and back with 2 other people. I honestly don't know of any place in the area other than Treehouse. Do you have a top 5 or any recommendations?

Extreme Noise is an awesome place for punk/hardcore records:

http://www.extremenoise.com/

Not just because it's in my hometown, but Extreme Noise in Minneapolis is the cat's pajamas.

Yeah...Extreme Noise, for sure. I'm going to be back for Christmas and cannot wait.

Also, Cheapo in Uptown has a huge vinyl section downstairs.

Treehouse is pretty good, as is Electric Fetus (on 4th Ave).

1. Extreme Noise on Lake Street (a few blocks before lyndale, on the corner of pleasant i think?)

2. RoadRunner Records (corner of nicollet and 42nd or 43rd street)

3. Cheapo (Lake St. just before Hennepin) -> you probably won't find anything extremely rare there, but they have pretty nice price for new vinyl and they have a lot of that stuff most people like on this board. If you flip through the used CD's upstairs you'll definitely find something, though. I don't like buying CDs anymore but everytime I take the time to go through all of the new arrivals i end up with a basket full of CDs I wanna buy

^^ with these 3 you should be fine for a full day of record shopping honestly. Extreme Noise you need to go through ALL of the 7" sections. I've found great records for dirt cheap many times before there.

Not just because it's in my hometown, but Extreme Noise in Minneapolis is the cat's pajamas.

Yeah...Extreme Noise, for sure. I'm going to be back for Christmas and cannot wait.

Also, Cheapo in Uptown has a huge vinyl section downstairs.

Treehouse is pretty good, as is Electric Fetus (on 4th Ave).

Electric Fetus' vinyl section still is very small though. If you have time to spare you definitely should go but it wouldn't be my first choice.

It's on 4th ave on the corner of Franklin. Also if you like Treehouse you should still stop there because they do have some good finds

Guest scriptedrain

1. Extreme Noise on Lake Street (a few blocks before lyndale, on the corner of pleasant i think?)

2. RoadRunner Records (corner of nicollet and 42nd or 43rd street)

3. Cheapo (Lake St. just before Hennepin) -> you probably won't find anything extremely rare there, but they have pretty nice price for new vinyl and they have a lot of that stuff most people like on this board. If you flip through the used CD's upstairs you'll definitely find something, though. I don't like buying CDs anymore but everytime I take the time to go through all of the new arrivals i end up with a basket full of CDs I wanna buy

^^ with these 3 you should be fine for a full day of record shopping honestly. Extreme Noise you need to go through ALL of the 7" sections. I've found great records for dirt cheap many times before there.

Thanks for all the help! (And to the couple others too)

Our Cheapo just closed here (it was actually the top news story on TV that night, believe it or not). They didn't have any vinyl, but they did have a ton of used CDs, some DVDs, and a lot of local CDs. Your Cheapo is supposed to get whatever was left over from the closing.

Guest kingbuzzo
I can't believe they didn't put the record store from my hometown. They have an excellent selection of Poison picture discs and Ratt singles.

Florida hates records.

Poison picture discs? Are you joking? If not, do you know what they are?

Also, if anyone's ever in the Northwest Ohio region I reccomend hitting Toledo up. There's two stores there that sell vinyl. Ramalama Records (http://ramalamafafafa.com/) specializes in metal and garage rock but they sell a lot of indie too plus the owner is pretty cool. I've gone in there and dropped $40+ multiple times in one week and when he heard it was my birthday gave me a ton of cool shit. Also there's Culture Clash. It's got more of an indie selection but I don't go there often.