Olehole LP update

I got the Test Pressings in yesterday for "Holemole" the debut LP for San Francisco/Oakland, CA's Olehole. I'm currently giving them the headphone run-through check so I'll probably be approving them today. Which hopefully means that I'll have the LPs in within a month. For this, I'm shooting for a September 30th release. so once I have everything in hand, I'm going to start the pre-orders.

Olehole (pronounced o-lay ho-lay) consists of Brian Moss (ex-the Ghost, Hanalei), Dan Wedgwood (ex-Burial Year, Quest For Quintana Roo), Jackson Blumgart (ex-Quest For Quintana Roo) and Alex Case (who has no cool ex member status...but is a phenomenal drummer).

The LP has 10 songs on it, the album was recorded by Ryan Massey of American Steel(Ryan chimes in with some guest vocals too). Musically the band is on par with the Ghost or if you're not familiar with them, think Fugazi mixed with almost a Helmet-ish intensity(plus they have a somewhat sludgy-riff East Bay epic-ness going on too).

So the extra-interesting part of this LP is going to be that Underground Communique is releasing this LP (it comes with a free CD) in the US and Go Kart is releasing a separate version for the UK and Japan...which I am going to work something out with trading copies of with Go Kart to make them available over here and not for an exorbitant price. Also, there is not going to be a regular jewel cased version of a CD.

I made some silk screened promo CD packs, of which I will probably have a few extras lying around for sale after I get the last of the promos mailed out, but those are going to be all specifically addressed to whom I'm selling them to. I'm really big on the personalization of things like that.

The first pressing is going to be 500 copies on something like a 200/300 split of white and red respectively.

this is the album cover:

[image]

the bands myspace page is this(you can hear some songs from the LP here):

http://www.myspace.com/pronouncedolayholay

• 2 weeks later...