New Mitch Hedberg CD!

He was excellent live.

Who's puting out the CD and where'd you find this out at?

It was written on the board at my local record store. Comedy Central is putting it out. You can find info at http://shop.comedycentral.com/Do-You-Believe-in-Gosh--Front-Page_stcVVproductId48694768VVcatId424910VVviewprod.htm

I saw him a month and a half before he did and he was just a total mess. He wasn't even able to tell the fucking jokes.

I saw him right around that time, too, with Stephen Lynch. Actually, I think it was one of the last, if not the last show of the tour, and he died about two weeks after. He was such a mess that night, it was so sad.

I saw him a month and a half before he did and he was just a total mess. He wasn't even able to tell the fucking jokes.

I saw him right around that time, too, with Stephen Lynch. Actually, I think it was one of the last, if not the last show of the tour, and he died about two weeks after. He was such a mess that night, it was so sad.

that's the tour I'm talking about.

those stories above are depressing. but the man made me laugh. he's my favorite comedian. i had only heard of him a little after mitch all together came out. even then, i never thought about going to a comedy show. it's too bad i'll never get to see him or tell him how funny i thought he was. :(

thanks for posting this.

Guest baseball

Always thought his comedy was kind of stupid, to be honest. He had a couple good jokes though.

I saw him live once and it was embarrassingly bad. It was difficult to watch even. He literally disappeared off the stage in the middle of his act for about 5 minutes and then came back like nothing happened.

And from what I know, he wasn't necessarily a mess on stage solely because of the drugs. He had a severe case of stage fright.

This I would believe fo' sho'...he did a show at my college (free) my first year here and I got there about 5 hours early just so I could be front and center...and he just looked freaked out that so many people were there...he did a couple of jokes actually facing a brick wall that was the backstage area, which is obviously the opposite way from the audience and was shaking like a revolution for the first 20 minutes or so of the show

this should be great!

From mitch's web page:

We are EXCITED to announce that a new Mitch Hedberg CD, titled "Do You Believe In Gosh?" will be available September 9th, 2008.

You can preorder it from Comedy Central.

Recorded two months prior to his death, "Do You Believe In Gosh?" contains nearly 40 minutes of previously unreleased stand-up material. The CD captures most of the material Mitch was working on, for what would have been his next full-length album, in a free-form show with a large amount of audience interaction.

Listeners can expect the same bizarre one-liners like, “Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or just a really cool apoatmus?” delivered in the drawly, good-natured way only Hedberg could pull off. Mitch gives his unique point of view on such topics as the headless horseman, Medusa, whom he refers to as the “snake-haired bitch” and squirrels on water skis.

Also included in the CD package is a booklet including never-before-seen photos and excerpts from Mitch's private journals. The CD pulses with his unique wit and spirit and is a document of a comedy master.

http://www.mitchhedberg.net/