Great news for kaki king and or mountain goats fan

So I just read that in addition to the 2x7" Mountain Goats ep "Satanic Messiah" that Kaki King and John Darnielle got together and recorded a 6 song ep. Both of which will be available on tour which starts Oct. 13th.

There are no canadian dates so if anyone is going and could pick me up a copy of both I would be forever in your debt.

news here http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/node/145283 via pitchfork

don't know how I feel about this...been quite a big Kaki King fan since her first Full Length of all that guitar-crazed-musical-masturbation....but hate Mountain Goats...had to sit through one of their sets @ SXSW07 to watch Beirut & Blond Redhead...hoping that it would be better than the recorded material...but just could never get past dudes voice. I'd still like to hear that E.P. though just for Kaki's contributions

don't know how I feel about this...been quite a big Kaki King fan since her first Full Length of all that guitar-crazed-musical-masturbation....but hate Mountain Goats...had to sit through one of their sets @ SXSW07 to watch Beirut & Blond Redhead...hoping that it would be better than the recorded material...but just could never get past dudes voice. I'd still like to hear that E.P. though just for Kaki's contributions

Weird, I feel exactly the same and was also bored to tears through their SXSW07 set to watch the same two bands.

Weird, I feel exactly the same and was also bored to tears through their SXSW07 set to watch the same two bands.

I honestly felt as if I was the only kid on this planet that could care less for Mountain Goats...good to see I'm not alone

When the Mountain Goats play with a full band, they are pretty boring. When johns by himself, or with just a bassist, he is incredible.

On record, i kind of feel the same, but Heretic Pride was his best stuff with full instrumentation. It still doesn't hold a candle to All Hail West Texas, though.

i love mountain goats but really, i haven't been keeping up since tallahassee. i have yet to see him live, he played here in 2002 or 2003 opening for the lifter puller reunion shows and that was impossible to get into. then came back last year and it was sold out. i want to see a show one of these days but i feel like it's too late now. too prolific, too many albums.

When the Mountain Goats play with a full band, they are pretty boring. When johns by himself, or with just a bassist, he is incredible.

On record, i kind of feel the same, but Heretic Pride was his best stuff with full instrumentation. It still doesn't hold a candle to All Hail West Texas, though.

All Hail West Texas is one of the five greatest records ever made.

i love mountain goats but really, i haven't been keeping up since tallahassee. i have yet to see him live, he played here in 2002 or 2003 opening for the lifter puller reunion shows and that was impossible to get into. then came back last year and it was sold out. i want to see a show one of these days but i feel like it's too late now. too prolific, too many albums.

the mountain goats are my favourite band to see live. john still plays a couple of older songs amongst all the more recent records. just seeing him on stage with that big smile and his between song banter is more than enough for the price of entry.

i've seen them five times and each show has been memorable and some of my favourite shows ever. the first time i had only heard a couple of songs, got to the show late and was stuck right up the back corner and they still blew me away.