Shit I absolutely cannot stand.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the plural of vinyl isnt vinyl. Its vinyl and at 21 someone should understand the fucking language they have been immersed in for their whole life.

Kind of like knowing correct placement for apostrophes and punctuation and that the correct form for this sentence is "in which they have been immersed".

Right? Someone needs to learn these folks how to talk English good.

that's what we get for being a country that spends more money on bombs then schools.

I say the worst is when people say "vinyl is the plural of vinyl."

Fail.

Vinyl is a non-count noun. It has no plural form because it's measurable, not countable. Just like there is no plural for "water" or "music" or "air". If "vinyl were the plural of vinyl" then it would be grammatical to say "I bought three vinyl." But it's not because it's not fucking countable.

I think I've gone off on this tangent before...

I say the worst is when people say "vinyl is the plural of vinyl."

Fail.

Vinyl is a non-count noun. It has no plural form because it's measurable, not countable. Just like there is no plural for "water" or "music" or "air". If "vinyl were the plural of vinyl" then it would be grammatical to say "I bought three vinyl." But it's not because it's not fucking countable.

I think I've gone off on this tangent before...

I think that's one of the best arguments I've read in a "vinyl" thread. Thanks tim.

I dunno why people care about such stupid shit who cares if you call it vinyl or Wax or if you shop at Hot Topic just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy and say what they want to say and stop being so goddam judgemental

Because the plural of vinyl isnt vinyl. Its vinyl and at 21 someone should understand the fucking language they have been immersed in for their whole life.

If no one teaches you that the plural of vinyl is indeed vinyl, then how are you supposed to know?

I'm sure there's a ton of dumb things you do in life and you'd probably blow a fuse if someone called you out on every single little thing.

Relax a little and enjoy life.

FYI, there are grammar flaws in the quote, haha.

Yeah the main person I am venting about has only 1 language and its english. He has lived on the same street as me for his whole life.

Maybe you should move.

As for this:

Your face is worthless.

Really, that was your best shot? Go and get your degree in English language or whatever, so that this horrible mistake doesn't get passed down to future generations. Or maybe lay off the 'roids and go smoke a joint so that you can chill the fuck out.

Kind of like knowing correct placement for apostrophes and punctuation and that the correct form for this sentence is "in which they have been immersed".

Right? Someone needs to learn these folks how to talk English good.

that's what we get for being a country that spends more money on bombs then schools.

Nope. I am canadian, we spend more money on stickers and temporary tattoos than we do on bombs.

Yeah the main person I am venting about has only 1 language and its english. He has lived on the same street as me for his whole life.

Maybe you should move.

As for this:

Your face is worthless.

Really, that was your best shot? Go and get your degree in English language or whatever, so that this horrible mistake doesn't get passed down to future generations. Or maybe lay off the 'roids and go smoke a joint so that you can chill the fuck out.

Yeah, those roids are a real problem.