TP/PO: TIM BARRY "Manchester" LP / CD / Deluxe Set

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

TIM BARRY "Manchester" LP black vinyl w/ free button, poster, and coozie

TIM BARRY "Manchester" LP brown vinyl w/ free button, poster, and coozie

TIM BARRY "Manchester" CD w/ free button, poster, and coozie

TIM BARRY "Manchester" LP limited deluxe edition (2 LPs,1 CD,pint glass,t-shirt,poster,coozie,button

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=manchester

Suburban Home records is proud to announce Tim Barry's brand new album, "Manchester". For those of you not familiar with Tim, you may have heard of the band he has spent over 20 years playing with, Avail. Some years back, Tim put together some demos and we loved them so much, we asked if we might be able to put them out. Somehow, Tim agreed. We have since put out "Laurel St Demos", "Rivanna Junction", and any day now will have the "Live at Munford Elementary" 7".

Tim has gone through more this past year than most people have in a lifetime and “Manchester” really documents those experiences. This new album is really special. I know that I am a bit biased, but I would like to go on record to say that Tim Barry has become one of America's greatest folk songwriters. I can think of few people who craft songs so honest and true. "Manchester" features 12 songs which were recorded with Lance Koehler (who has recorded his other albums) and features many of the same players who have played on his past releases (most notably Josh Small and Caitlin Barry (who is expecting her first child).

Tim has enlisted the help of Buz Blurr who describes himself as "a retired railroad man who indulged in the folk art tradition of making chalk drawings on the railcars as an announcement of presence, and diversion from boredom. Although against the rules of the railroad, it was a common enough practice by the employees and hobos, by ignoring enforcement it was de facto tacit approval, for I dispatched drawings for 32 years of my 41 years of employment without interference." Buz resides in Arkansas (which he colorfully describes as "Surrealville") and is well known for his postage stamp and train art. Ryan Patterson of Coliseum put the entire package together.

The album is slated for a street date of November 4th, 2008, but in our attempts to get copies of the album to Tim as early on in the Revival Tour (w/ Chuck Ragan, Ben Nichols, and lots of guests), we should have copies shipping within a month of the street date.

Pressing info on vinyl (comes with mp3 coupon):

300 on black vinyl

700 on brown vinyl

The deluxe set will include:

* Both colors of the vinyl for "Manchester" (Black and Brown vinyl)

* The CD version of "Manchester"

* A T-shirt. (on American Apparel which tends to run a little bit smaller)

* A Pint Glass

* A beer coozie

* A button

* A poster (11 x 17 glossy album poster which will be folded in half)

Please check out the mp3 for "Tacoma" which gives you an idea of what to expect of the new album. http://suburbanhomerecords.com/mediafiles/TimBarry/audio/09Tacoma.mp3

So awesome.... Ordered the deluxe, its good cause I would have ordered the cd separately.

On a side note.... ever since I got Tim's demo CDR in the mail almost 4 years ago... I thought it was so cool that he called it "Laurel St. Demo's" being that I live on Laurel St. Manchester, NH. Now that he calls his newest album "Manchester" it kind of freaks me out..... I have been a rabid Avail fan for about 13-14 years. Its just strange.

So awesome.... Ordered the deluxe, its good cause I would have ordered the cd separately.

On a side note.... ever since I got Tim's demo CDR in the mail almost 4 years ago... I thought it was so cool that he called it "Laurel St. Demo's" being that I live on Laurel St. Manchester, NH. Now that he calls his newest album "Manchester" it kind of freaks me out..... I have been a rabid Avail fan for about 13-14 years. Its just strange.

thats crazy!

What if the album's catalog number is also your address?

it could be.... damn close. 78

it could be.... damn close. 78

knowing how big of a tim/avail fan you are, that is just crazy. Very cool though.

I don't know if you guys saw the tracklist, but it includes "This November" which as far as I know is originally an unreleased Avail song, performed at the Avail acoustic show back in May of 05 or 06.....They used to have it posted on their website. I have made repeated attempts to get this entire recording... last I heard from Tim was that it was to be included in the Avail documentary.

Virgil.... get Tim to let you release this!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if you guys saw the tracklist, but it includes "This November" which as far as I know is originally an unreleased Avail song, performed at the Avail acoustic show back in May of 05 or 06.....They used to have it posted on their website. I have made repeated attempts to get this entire recording... last I heard from Tim was that it was to be included in the Avail documentary.

Virgil.... get Tim to let you release this!!!!!!

I will ask tim about this.

So I never had much tim listening time under my belt. I ordered rivanna junction on a whim and have not been able to stop spinning it. If it's anywhere near as good as this(most likely better) then I'll be picking up this LP as well. Thanks for releasing these Virgil, I'm so siked on the the LP I got today and will be picking this up next order, so damn siked and cannot wait for the revival tour to come through!

• 2 weeks later...