If a record has no scratches/dust...

The dust you can see isn't the problem, the dust you can't see because it's in the grooves so deep is usually what causes otherwise unexplainable skips.

but if its a brand new record? like "deja entendu"?

that's a joke, but not -- the new pressings of the album that i got skipped severely throughout a whole side right out of the shrink wrap.

I have a VPI HW-16.5 record cleaning machine and they recommend cleaning brand new records as much as old dirty ones. Apparently the pressing process can leave quite a bit of debris/microscopic bits of plastic in the grooves that can lead to pops/skips/fuzz.

Unfortunately, really good quality vacuum cleaning machines are pretty expensive. Mine was over $500. They do work really well though.

it may be your players arm. could be that its not weighted right, and isnt putting enough pressure on the record which can cause it to jump around.

you might want to try adjusting the arm (if you dont knwo how, or arent comfortable doing it, just place a penny on the arm). see if that works. you may want to check and see if your actual tray is warped/bent at all causing the needle to jump.

if a record wasnt done right or they tried to squeeze too much music onto one side, the grooves may not be cut very deep, which could explain why it only skips on one record, and not every record you play.