NHL Discussion

2 NYR scouts at the kings game today. Rumour of Gaborik flying, I can't wrap my head around what the Kings would send the other way. What are the rags looking for?

Offensive dman, a forward to replace Gaborik. Maybe not score 40 goals, but one who can put the puck in the net and help out in other ways on the ice. Toughness and grittiness basically. Rumors of them getting Clowe and Boyle. This game is tricky for me because they apparently were very close to a deal with Vancouver. But theres no one on Vancouver that could help this team this season available I can see them trading

Also, it'd be nice if the league disciplinarian learned the rules.

"42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner."

"43.1 Checking from Behind – A check from behind is a check delivered on a player who is not aware of the impending hit, therefore unable to protect or defend himself, and contact is made on the back part of the body. When a player intentionally turns his body to create contact with his back, no penalty shall be assessed."

"45.1 Elbowing - Elbowing shall mean the use of an extended elbow in a manner that may or may not cause injury."

doesn't say anything about "when targeting the head". Leaving your feet is leaving your feet.

brendan-shanahan-rangers.jpg

Offensive dman, a forward to replace Gaborik. Maybe not score 40 goals, but one who can put the puck in the net and help out in other ways on the ice. Toughness and grittiness basically. Rumors of them getting Clowe and Boyle. This game is tricky for me because they apparently were very close to a deal with Vancouver. But theres no one on Vancouver that could help this team this season available I can see them trading

yeah i dont see who the kings would give up, already thin on NHL ready dmen w/ Greene & Mitchell both still out and definitely not giving up Toffoli. I could see them sending Penner & maybe Martinez but thats really not enough to get Gabby, but maybe NYR just want to get rid of his contract.

After thinking maybe Williams would go the thee way but I really hope not cause I think he is the smartest player on the kings and is a perfect winger for Kopi.

yeah i dont see who the kings would give up, already thin on NHL ready dmen w/ Greene & Mitchell both still out and definitely not giving up Toffoli. I could see them sending Penner & maybe Martinez but thats really not enough to get Gabby, but maybe NYR just want to get rid of his contract.

After thinking maybe Williams would go the thee way but I really hope not cause I think he is the smartest player on the kings and is a perfect winger for Kopi.

I dont think they'll take Penner. Cost's too much and doesnt produce for that much money. The thing is, they dont need to move Gaborik. But if the deal is right they will. With the Kings recent cup and the cap going down I'm sure management wont mind trading away a key player or two to shed roster space and money. The Rangers also have a bunch of picks in this draft. So those could be sent your way as well

I don't think the rags would take him but just thinking who the kings could send, penner is also only on a 1 year deal so the cost doesn't really matter. You gotta remember that management and most fans think the kings can repeat so they are gonna guy their roster too much to add a piece they don't really need. A physical stay at home dman is way more important to the kings right now

Only players I can think the kings would be okay with sending the other way

Stoll

Williams

Penner

Martinez

Muzzin

Out of prospects I could see them parting with who have value are

Kozun

Pearson

Forbert

See I would take Williams or Stoll, but I dont think NY will part with Gaborik for that. The guy is a 40 goal scorer haha. Ive honestly been hearing rumors of Mike Richards. I dont want the guy because I fucking hate him and think hes a scumbag from all the times I saw him leading the Flyers. 

And looking at how much money Stoll and Williams make and how long their deals are for, I dont think they are coming here based on the fact the cap's going down next year and they need to resign Stepan, McD, and Hagelin. Who will all be looking for a nice chunk of change. I really hope we send Brian Boyle back to your asses. That useless fuck. 

No thanks, I highly doubt Richards gets moved, leaves too big of a hole at 2nd line center since we don't have any prospects ready now that we moved Loktionov. I guess we could move carter back to center but he's a better winger. I don't see the kings making any moves other than for a dman