NHL Discussion

what do you mean how can they afford that?  Pens were 8.2 million under the cap to start the shortened season and have an unreal depth of young defensive prospects backed up.  Doug Murray and Brenden Morrow would account for 6.5 million in cap space, if no players from the roster are involved.

Like I dont understand how a team with that much talent is still below the cap. Especially when you have 2 of the best players in the world making 9 mil

having a smart GM is how, in Shero we trust!  now, it'll be interesting to see what happens when Letang, Orpik and Niskanen all being UFA's the same summer.  Letang will be the only one to remain, me thinks, unless Orpik takes a team discount to stay with the only team he's been with.

Coming from a Rangers fan that is hilarious.

Because our 3 forwards really compare to the depth of Pitt. Crosby, Malkin, and Neal alone is better than Nash, Richards, and Gaborik. Not to mention Letang who is one of the best offensive D's in the game right now, Paul Martin, Dupuis, Kennedy, Kunitz, and now Morrow and Murray? Come on dude. 

haha whole lot of hostility coming in the past couple of posts... Ian has it right though... Do what it takes to win. Personally, I think it is Pittsburgh's year, but then again I think every year is also the Duck's year. Pitt just looks like an endless monster right now. All I'm hoping for is a western conf final between Kings/Ducks that way a So Cal team is in the cup again this year!

haha whole lot of hostility coming in the past couple of posts... Ian has it right though... Do what it takes to win. Personally, I think it is Pittsburgh's year, but then again I think every year is also the Duck's year. Pitt just looks like an endless monster right now. All I'm hoping for is a western conf final between Kings/Ducks that way a So Cal team is in the cup again this year!

I still don't like Pitts d or goaltending. I'm sticking with my boys repeating against Boston