Picture Disc Frames?

I clearly didn't really read the post. I'm trying to study, very poorly, and then tried to be a smartass and failed.

I bought some odd frames at Dollar General yesterday that are ...14" by 18" which won't really work for you unless they're 7" or so, and if they are, then you're good to go. I have that size because I show the artwork, and below it I have half of the 12" record hang down. I've been toying around with various doubles I have because of skips or scratches lately because I have a new apartment and there's a lot of blank white walls around.

sadsongpilot, dont get the wrong idea about the AvA hate here...theres tons of resentment towards them, but i presonally like them (so does Scott, so theres some love).

also the new album art is horrible, i havnt seen the 7" 's but if ya like em cool.

your best bet would be michaels or target, or even ikea might be good.

i have a rejected test pressing hanging on my wall so if you ever need tips on framing something with out a jacket you can ask, but basically just make sure its perfectly centered. with some lp frames they rely on the dust jacket top hole the record in place, so you may need to get a piece of cardboard...be creative here, maybe spraypaint it a matching color and get a clear plastic 7" sleeve so the paint wont affect the record.

i hope this helps you!

sadsongpilot, dont get the wrong idea about the AvA hate here...theres tons of resentment towards them, but i presonally like them (so does Scott, so theres some love).

also the new album art is horrible, i havnt seen the 7" 's but if ya like em cool.

your best bet would be michaels or target, or even ikea might be good.

i have a rejected test pressing hanging on my wall so if you ever need tips on framing something with out a jacket you can ask, but basically just make sure its perfectly centered. with some lp frames they rely on the dust jacket top hole the record in place, so you may need to get a piece of cardboard...be creative here, maybe spraypaint it a matching color and get a clear plastic 7" sleeve so the paint wont affect the record.

i hope this helps you!

I don't mind the new artwork. I'm not saying it's the best but it's cool that it was made by the guy who made the original Star Wars posters.

Anyway, thanx for the help. They don't come with sleeves, just a clear packet thingy so I would only hang the record like you have done. I've just found a frame that's meant to display like diplomas that you can view from both sides so I might check into that.

-Chris-

I don't mind the new artwork. I'm not saying it's the best but it's cool that it was made by the guy who made the original Star Wars posters.

Anyway, thanx for the help. They don't come with sleeves, just a clear packet thingy so I would only hang the record like you have done. I've just found a frame that's meant to display like diplomas that you can view from both sides so I might check into that.

-Chris-

awesome! best of luck!

-Chris-

awesome! best of luck!

Thanx! Yeah I'll post a pic if all turns out well. :)

-Chris-

my dad owns a frameshop...I worked there from 16-21 or 22 on and off...i know of a few ways...but i wouldn't be able to promise that you'd be able to listen to the record if it was ever removed from the framing...so if you have an extra that you'll be listening to and another strictly for framing wouldn't be a problem

your best bet is to buy a frame where the backing is also glass. i forget who said this earlier, but MAKE SURE it's centered. it would look real tacky if it wasn't.

p.s. did you hear about travis barker?

Yeah, I hope he makes it out ok. It doesn't sound like he's doing very good. He's still in critical condition.

-Chris-

my dad owns a frameshop...I worked there from 16-21 or 22 on and off...i know of a few ways...but i wouldn't be able to promise that you'd be able to listen to the record if it was ever removed from the framing...so if you have an extra that you'll be listening to and another strictly for framing wouldn't be a problem

I'm open to any idea's so shoot away.

Would the compression between the two pieces of glass ruin the record in some way?

-Chris-

Would the compression between the two pieces of glass ruin the record in some way?

-Chris-

not sure if it would or not...k, start off w/ a lite of glass that fits relatively snuggly in your frame....clean the shit out of it...no dust or anything in there...no finger prints or anything...center it up in the frame....lay side a or b down (whichever you want to be the front) and make sure that shit is centered really well. Get a can of compressed air and blow out any dust particles that may have gotten in that shit. Get some thin white cotton gloves....clean the bageezuz out of the second lite of glass (which hopefully fits relatively snuggly in the frame as well) after you're sure it's nice and clean, lay it down on your perfectly centered picture disc....hold it in place and lay small bead of hot-glue (hi-temp works best) all around the inside lip of the frame where that second lite meets the frame....let that shit cool thourghly and cover w/ some black tape (assuming your frame is black) to cover up the hot-glue. I could get more advanced than this where there's a frame on the front and the back but it looks a little odd sometimes...pending on how deep the frame(s) is(are)

-Chris-

not sure if it would or not...k, start off w/ a lite of glass that fits relatively snuggly in your frame....clean the shit out of it...no dust or anything in there...no finger prints or anything...center it up in the frame....lay side a or b down (whichever you want to be the front) and make sure that shit is centered really well. Get a can of compressed air and blow out any dust particles that may have gotten in that shit. Get some thin white cotton gloves....clean the bageezuz out of the second lite of glass (which hopefully fits relatively snuggly in the frame as well) after you're sure it's nice and clean, lay it down on your perfectly centered picture disc....hold it in place and lay small bead of hot-glue (hi-temp works best) all around the inside lip of the frame where that second lite meets the frame....let that shit cool thourghly and cover w/ some black tape (assuming your frame is black) to cover up the hot-glue. I could get more advanced than this where there's a frame on the front and the back but it looks a little odd sometimes...pending on how deep the frame(s) is(are)

Wow, this is a great idea. I'll have to check this out. I'm sure I can pick everything up for this relatively cheap at walmart. Thank you for this!

-Chris-