Anybody else preorder the 4xLP and justice for all

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WEALP98689

October 28, 2008 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!

This item not eligible for any further discount offers!

Special Deluxe Edition featuring a 4LP 45rpm 180 gram vinyl set in a Premium Stoughton gatefold jacket!

Half Speed Mastered from the original analog tapes at Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs for the ultimate listening experience... Audiophile Quality, Louder, Faster, Heavier!!!

The fourth studio album by Metallica was originally released in August 1988. It is the first album to feature Jason Newsted on bass following the tragic death of bassist Cliff Burton.

The best-selling Metallica album upon its release, ...And Justice For All produced four singles including "...And Justice For All", "Eye of the Beholder", "Harvester of Sorrow", and "One".

Features:

• 45rpm 180 gram vinyl

• Pressed at RTI

• 1/2 Speed Mastered

• Stoughton Gatefold jacket

looks awesome, i hope its more of a box set. Love this album.

they know how to milk their fans :)

how is this milking their fans?

oh i get it, it's metallica, so that's what we do.

these albums aren't the easiest to find on vinyl and the ones out there were not done with a collector in mind.

if this were another band, people wouldn't use it as an excuse to let their opinion shine though, it would be cool.

what if it was ac/dc doing it? would that be milking? or what if it were simply a band you liked?

i dunno what the hell is going on with these '4LP boxset' jobs. i ordered both the '4LP' versions of Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets but was told that the 4LP version was a mistake and doesnt exist. I did cancel my order for Puppets (as I already have the Music for Nations press) but sure enough, Ride the Lightning arrived as a 2LP, 45 rpm half speed mastered blah blah blah.

is it absolutely DEFINITE that Justice will have the 4LP and did anyone get a Master of Puppets 4LP, just to confirm they actually do exist.

I'll be getting the re-mastered 2xLP... I just hate flipping the record that many times. Two records is enough. Anyway, I hope the bass is audible in the remaster.

i wouldn't hold my breath. the album is only being remastered and not remixed.

as for these reissues, i'm sticking to the Rhino Records box set that came out a few years back. i bought the reissues of Kill and Ride and in spite of the reissues being remastered by MoFi, they sounded pretty crappy. the overall sound was pretty thin and they sounded like they raised the mids.

the master of puppets is 2xLP 45rpm as far as i know...

altho i haven't opened it yet...

justice will be 4xLP 45rpm from what i've seen on elusivedisc.com

the "standard" 33 1/3 have all been single lp sets w/ the 45rpm 180g versions being 2xLP

justice was originally 2xLP so it's now 4xLP

i haven't heard anything about it being remixed, so i doubt the bass issue was addressed. but i always thought that record sounded awesome how it was.

i thought the kill 'em all 45rpm version sounded killer.

i wasn't as blown away by the ride the lightning. still good, but i wasn't like damn, that is rad.

i'll prob get to master next week.

i only have the original of justice and just the 2xLP 45rpm 180g versions of the reissues, so i couldn't compare sound between versions though.

the master of puppets is 2xLP 45rpm as far as i know...

altho i haven't opened it yet...

justice will be 4xLP 45rpm from what i've seen on elusivedisc.com

Puppets is 2xLP @ 45. Justice will come in 2 and 4 disc versions.

That 4 disc one is so damn expensive though. As nice as the first 3 are, I don't think I can justify that much money right now, so I may settle on the 2x version...

they know how to milk their fans :)

how is this milking their fans?

oh i get it, it's metallica, so that's what we do.

these albums aren't the easiest to find on vinyl and the ones out there were not done with a collector in mind.

if this were another band, people wouldn't use it as an excuse to let their opinion shine though, it would be cool.

what if it was ac/dc doing it? would that be milking? or what if it were simply a band you liked?

well i like metallica