New weekly vinyl column & interview with Virgil!

I decided for no reason whatsoever to start writing a vinyl column in-between work and Call of Duty 4 and Bobby over at ThePunkSite.com was awesome enough to be willing to give me a chance and write it for them.

Below is a link to the first one. Included is random news tidbits, preorder info for some upcoming records, a contest and one wonderful interview with VC's main man Virgil.

Check it out! :)

http://www.thepunksite.com/articles.php?page=wax/index

Thanks again to Virgil for not only agreeing to the interview right away and for the prizes, but also for providing what I hope you guys will think is a pretty awesome interview.

Thanks Tony. I really enjoyed doing the feature and appreciate you taking the time to post it.

If any of you are interested in the history and ups and downs of Suburban Home / Vinyl Collective, this is the read for you. thanks again.

No one has mentioned it yet, so I thought I'd pull this little quote out:

Tony: Things have been a bit quiet on the split series you are working on, Under the Influence. How is that project going?

Virgil: Okay, here is the deal about the split series and a few of these have never been announced, you ready

Tony: Oh ya! My pocket book may not be ready to hear this though!

Virgil: Ben Nichols / Jon Snodgrass, Chad Price / Rocky Votolato, Fake Problems / Look Mexico, William Elliott Whitmore / Josh Small, Chuck Ragan / Tim Barry, O Pioneers / New Bruises, Cory Branan / Austin Lucas, American Steel / Gaslight Anthem, Bomb the Music Industry / Mustard Plug, Teenage Bottlerocket / The Ergs! (The Ergs might not get released since they are breaking up), Playing Favorites / Limbeck, Minus The Bear / These Arms are Snakes, Two Cow Garage / Jr Juggernaut, Hawks and Doves (with Gared from Planes) / Ghost Buffalo, Mike Hale / Joey Cape, Lemuria / Off With Their Heads, and Ninja Gun / Whiskey and Company

PS: Thanks for all the compliments! :) This whole thing was made up on a whim one late night last week and considering that this is what we did in that little time, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

No one has mentioned it yet, so I thought I'd pull this little quote out:

Tony: Things have been a bit quiet on the split series you are working on, Under the Influence. How is that project going?

Virgil: Okay, here is the deal about the split series and a few of these have never been announced, you ready

Tony: Oh ya! My pocket book may not be ready to hear this though!

Virgil: Ben Nichols / Jon Snodgrass, Chad Price / Rocky Votolato, Fake Problems / Look Mexico, William Elliott Whitmore / Josh Small, Chuck Ragan / Tim Barry, O Pioneers / New Bruises, Cory Branan / Austin Lucas, American Steel / Gaslight Anthem, Bomb the Music Industry / Mustard Plug, Teenage Bottlerocket / The Ergs! (The Ergs might not get released since they are breaking up), Playing Favorites / Limbeck, Minus The Bear / These Arms are Snakes, Two Cow Garage / Jr Juggernaut, Hawks and Doves (with Gared from Planes) / Ghost Buffalo, Mike Hale / Joey Cape, Lemuria / Off With Their Heads, and Ninja Gun / Whiskey and Company

PS: Thanks for all the compliments! :) This whole thing was made up on a whim one late night last week and considering that this is what we did in that little time, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

And for those of you at other music news' sites, please keep these under wraps until we make a formal announcement about the series. thanks.

I mentioned that particular bit on my blog real quick, just because of the gaslight bit. I'm real bummed there is no subscription option, but I completely understand. You know how we got on the board, we wouldn't have heard anything for a couple weeks and that bitching and moaning would start from one person or another.

Anxious to see how the pressings turn out color wise and number wise...