HOLY SHIT BALLS (BAILOUT CONTENT)

skumbucket

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball

Here's a money quote from the article I posted above, by the way:

AMY GOODMAN: Is it any better than when it was first introduced by the Treasury Secretary, by Henry Paulson?

REP. DENNIS KUCINICH: Well, you know, that implies that you would accept the underlying premise. I reject the underlying premise that we needed this bill. And as a matter of fact, that we’re putting this up before an adjournment in an election season shows that Congress is being put under extraordinary pressure to bail out Wall Street. We haven’t looked at any alternatives, Amy. This is—you know, it isn’t as though, if you had a liquidity crisis, that—you know, a real one—that you’d start to look at all the alternatives. We haven’t done that. We have a bill here, a bill of more than a hundred pages, that we haven’t had a single hearing on the bill, you know—on the concept, yes, on what Paulson and Bernanke asked for initially. But, you know, we need to have hearings on this. There’s 400 economists and three Nobel Prize-winning economists who have said, “Whoa, wait a minute! What are you doing? Why are you rushing this?” You know, this thing doesn’t smell right, frankly.

AMY GOODMAN: What do you think has to happen right now?

REP. DENNIS KUCINICH: Well, you know, Congress better get ready with a plan B. If this thing goes down, we need to find a way to help Wall Street pay for its own problems. You can do that with a 20—.25 percent stock transfer tax, cancellation of dividends. You know, make the shareholders and the investors have to pay for the funny business that was going on on Wall Street. Why make the taxpayers pay? You know, the very underlying idea of this needs to be challenged, and frankly, there hasn’t been enough of that going on.

Well, what we have is a transfer of wealth, actually. It’s a continuation of a transfer of wealth. This whole government has become nothing more than a big machine that transfers the wealth upwards with our tax policies, our energy policies, with this fiscal policies, with the war. All the wealth of the country goes from the pockets of the people into the hands of a few. This is a very dangerous moment. You know, it’s the biggest amount of injection of capital by the government in a single time since the New Deal. And frankly, there is no trickle down here. There’s just rewarding bad behavior.

Doesn't bailing out failing businesses defeat the whole idea of capitalism?

Yeah but this is the definition of an epic fail. It's a fail so large that if nothing is done we'll be far more fucked.

I do agree that the current plan was shit though. There are several high ranking economists who disagree with the original bailout. I'm hoping for something with more oversight that will allow at least one CEO to be drug into the street and shot.

Do you really want the same morons ie Bush. Congress, Fed, and Paulson, the ones who got us into this mess to bail us out? Paulson is the same dumb-ass who said 2 weeks ago that everything was fine after we bailed out Fannie May and Freddie Mac.

Also personally, when Pres Bush says to do something, I pretty much will do the opposite of it.

Guest baseball
Who has cash? Now is the fucking time to buy.

It's very tempting to jump in on some of the stuff that is ultra cheap. Too bad I need that money for wedding stuff.

I'm not even going to look at my other stuff today. I'll check it next year.