THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM Senor and the Queen 10 repress

Guest admin1338560633

OK I'm trying to sound like a dick here.

What is it with people who can't be into a collection and look forward to getting a rare piece down the line as opposed to needing to have a complete one now? Srsly you want to know why people laugh at Gaslight collectors? It's because they shit themselves and stop collecting if they can't have every part of it now. I haven't given up on my OP! collection just because I'm missing a handful of ltd to 15 covers. I just look forward to getting them some day. Jeebus. Dudes just because you can't own it all now doesn't mean you should stop collecting. It just means you need to wait until the Gashype dies down, prices go with it and you can get shit reasonably.

What is it with people who can't be into a collection and look forward to getting a rare piece down the line as opposed to needing to have a complete one now? Srsly you want to know why people laugh at Gaslight collectors? It's because they shit themselves and stop collecting if they can't have every part of it now. I haven't given up on my OP! collection just because I'm missing a handful of ltd to 15 covers. I just look forward to getting them some day. Jeebus. Dudes just because you can't own it all now doesn't mean you should stop collecting. It just means you need to wait until the Gashype dies down, prices go with it and you can get shit reasonably.

I think you can read my mind. I was just thinking the exact same thing going thru this thread. If everything was really easy to get and was all readily available it wouldnt be any fun to collect. When new pre-orders or represses go up Ill try to get them. If I cant Ill keep collecting and try to get them somewhere down the line.

Amen. I've been collecting Screeching Weasel since the early 1990s. It's great to find out about something that's missing from my collection, though that happens very rarely. But once I track it down, I'm stoked.

my thoughts exactly! i'm missing black sos, white s&tq and splatter demos but thats no reason not to keep my collection going. those are all /100 and i'm not gonna kill myself now when they'll probably be cheaper when some of the hype dies down.

I think a lot of it has to do with the frustration associated with continually missing out on low run pieces that immediately skyrocket in value. It's one thing if you get into a band years after their records were released. It's a little easier to swallow when you weren't collecting the band at the time. But it sucks to miss out on a $5 record and immediately have to pay $50+ for it. Over and over again. The German pressings are making things even messier. So I can understand people's frustrations.

But I generally agree with you. I got a white Senor in trade on this board for a fucking steal. Patience pays off.

That being said, who wants to hook me up with the rarest first press demo? That's all I'm missing

my thoughts exactly! i'm missing black sos, white s&tq and splatter demos but thats no reason not to keep my collection going. those are all /100 and i'm not gonna kill myself now when they'll probably be cheaper when some of the hype dies down.

Yea once the hype calms down around this band the black SOS and white SatQ will probably drop below $100 on ebay which to me is reasonable for something like that where Im trying to complete a collection. Im in no rush to get those. One day Ill find one.

Or if anyone on here has a white SatQ or black SOS and wants to dump them for a trade check out my list and let me know if there is anything you're interested in. Not looking to buy either of those right now but would consider a trade if anyone is up for it. Doubt anyone wants to trade either of those tho.

You're a dick and a sissie. :-*

I'm not collecting because I don't own all of it. I actually (to date) have every pressing of all of their records either in my possession or on order (and I've only ebayed the white senor). I'm stopping because it's getting too expensive and generally ridiculous. Yes there are hundreds of pressings of Reinventing Axl Rose (as an example of a hard collection) but that's over 6 years. This has been insane over just one year.

I mentioned earlier, I got into Gaslight vinyl because I love the band and love to support them. When I started buying the blue SOS wasn't even out (just the first US pressing) and they didn't sell hundreds of records. Now, that shit flys off the shelf and kids bid $100 for it the next day. Being involved in that doesn't benefit the band and it doesn't interest me. I'm not a compulsive collector I do it to support music I love. But being one of 600 kids fighting over one album doesn't help the band, it just helps some kid make a quick buck on ebay the next day.

I still collect a lot of bands and many are bands I don't have full collections of, but this is just a little more than I'm willing to keep pace with.

You're a dick and a sissie. :-*

I'm not collecting because I don't own all of it. I actually (to date) have every pressing of all of their records either in my possession or on order (and I've only ebayed the white senor). I'm stopping because it's getting too expensive and generally ridiculous. Yes there are hundreds of pressings of Reinventing Axl Rose (as an example of a hard collection) but that's over 6 years. This has been insane over just one year.

I mentioned earlier, I got into Gaslight vinyl because I love the band and love to support them. When I started buying the blue SOS wasn't even out (just the first US pressing) and they didn't sell hundreds of records. Now, that shit flys off the shelf and kids bid $100 for it the next day. Being involved in that doesn't benefit the band and it doesn't interest me. I'm not a compulsive collector I do it to support music I love. But being one of 600 kids fighting over one album doesn't help the band, it just helps some kid make a quick buck on ebay the next day.

I still collect a lot of bands and many are bands I don't have full collections of, but this is just a little more than I'm willing to keep pace with.

Ok you get a pass. Everyone else needs a punch in the balls.

Now, that shit flys off the shelf and kids bid $100 for it the next day. Being involved in that doesn't benefit the band and it doesn't interest me. I'm not a compulsive collector I do it to support music I love. But being one of 600 kids fighting over one album doesn't help the band

Hows does hype not help a band? yeh people are making money from selling their records on Ebay..But their releases are also selling like hotcakes so to speak and if anything helping the 'buzz' around them at the moment. Which has a run off effect with many facets of the band, not just selling records. Merch and people attending shows are the two main obvious ones.

I really don't see how that is detrimental in anyway?

I understand it's too much to keep up with and i myself have decided against collecting their stuff..but my reasons are mostly money purposes. Not because them selling heaps of record's isn't benefiting the band.

I don't get it...

Now, that shit flys off the shelf and kids bid $100 for it the next day. Being involved in that doesn't benefit the band and it doesn't interest me. I'm not a compulsive collector I do it to support music I love. But being one of 600 kids fighting over one album doesn't help the band

Hows does hype not help a band? yeh people are making money from selling their records on Ebay..But their releases are also selling like hotcakes so to speak and if anything helping the 'buzz' around them at the moment. Which has a run off effect with many facets of the band, not just selling records. Merch and people attending shows are the two main obvious ones.

I really don't see how that is detrimental in anyway?

I understand it's too much to keep up with and i myself have decided against collecting their stuff..but my reasons are mostly money purposes. Not because them selling heaps of record's isn't benefiting the band.

I don't get it...

Because if hundreds of kids are fighting for 30 records they're going to sell. It's not as if they have trouble moving these pressings. Having one more person struggle after it isn't going to make or break it. I'll still buy their stuff on vinyl but owning more than one copy is moot at this point.