Guest admin1338560633

[image]

AVAIL "Over The James" LP beer colored amber vinyl

AVAIL "Over The James" LP orange vinyl

AVAIL "4 AM Friday" dbl LP brown vinyl

AVAIL "4 AM Friday" dbl LP silver vinyl

AVAIL "Dixie" dbl LP white vinyl

AVAIL "Dixie" dbl LP clear vinyl

AVAIL over the james,4am Friday,dixie LPs (all 6 colors)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=avail

October 8th, 2008 - Vinyl Collective and Suburban Home are excited to be releasing the vinyl for 3 classic Avail albums, "Over the James", "4 AM Friday", and "Dixie". The albums were re-released on CD by the good folks at Jade Tree Records whom we licensed the rights for release on vinyl. This will mark the first time these albums with bonus tracks will be released on wax.

Releasing these albums mean the world to me. I began my musical journey as a pop-punker and the first time I heard Avail, their music was too heavy for my ears. It wasn't til years later that I gave Avail another listen and was blown away by what I heard. I then saw their live show and could not believe I had missed out on seeing them before. Even more years later, I started working with Tim Barry, vocalist of Avail, with his solo recordings. I have the utmost respect for Tim Barry as a person and as a musician and to be able to release these albums is completely life-affirming.

Each of the 3 albums will be housed in Gatefold LP jackets with 4 AM Friday and Dixie being pressed as double LPs. The pressing information is as follows:

Over the James - 300 on beer/amber colored vinyl, 700 on Orange vinyl (an homage to the album's original art)

4 AM Friday - 300 on Brown vinyl, 700 on Silver vinyl

Dixie - 300 on White Vinyl, 700 on Clear vinyl

It is absolutely criminal that these albums have spent so many years as CD only releases. I could not be happier to help bring these releases to light on vinyl and urge everyone to put these essential albums in their record collections.

There will be a test pressing awarded for each of the albums. Purchase a copy of any of the above albums and you will be entered into a contest to win a test pressing. We expect to receive copies of the vinyl by the first week of November.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: Yeah I was referring to the bonus tracks.

Tracklisting

Simple Song

Order

Tuesday

McCarthy

(Ben)

Monroe Park

Armchair

Fix

Blue Ridge

Swing Low

F.C.A.

Hang

Governor

Nameless

South Bound 95 (Live)

Stride (Live)

Order (Live)

Tuning (Live)

Fix (Live)

F.C.A. (Live)

Pinned Up (Live)

Nickel Bridge (Live)

Simple Song (Live)

Clone (Live)

Nameless (Live)

Scuffle Town (Live)

Blue Ridge (Live)

Virus (Live)

Model (Live)

My wife secured me a 6-pack.... so excited for these with all the bonus material. I forget is "Live at the Bottom of the Hill" included with one of these records?

Virgil, good job on picking the colors too, they are gonna look great! Now I juts gotta win one (or all) of those tests!

i was waiting for you to post

edit: Yeah I was referring to the bonus tracks.

Tracklisting

Simple Song

Order

Tuesday

McCarthy

(Ben)

Monroe Park

Armchair

Fix

Blue Ridge

Swing Low

F.C.A.

Hang

Governor

Nameless

South Bound 95 (Live)

Stride (Live)

Order (Live)

Tuning (Live)

Fix (Live)

F.C.A. (Live)

Pinned Up (Live)

Nickel Bridge (Live)

Simple Song (Live)

Clone (Live)

Nameless (Live)

Scuffle Town (Live)

Blue Ridge (Live)

Virus (Live)

Model (Live)

yeah. good times. avail shows are insane.

I didn't want to, but how could I not. ITS AVAIL!

In for a set of six.

My favorite show ever still remains Avail, HWM and Panthro UK United 13 at the hardback in gainesville. I was so into all three bands at the time I just keep thinking how could this get any better.

On a similar note, I am going to the revival tour next week. Its like the same "best show ever" but more mellow and acoustic. Tim Barry and Chuck Ragan. I just need to get a Panthro guy there. Maybe Chuck will play sound of a gun.