i saw the scariest/most punk rawk shit ever

flood

I can't stand crowd surfers at punk shows. Stage diving is fine...off the stage or maybe a speaker a little higher. A balcony, fuck no. I ALWAYS pull down crowd surfers. I've been kicked in the face far too many times by people trying to "over stay their welcome" so to speak.

I can't stand crowd surfers at punk shows. Stage diving is fine...off the stage or maybe a speaker a little higher. A balcony, fuck no. I ALWAYS pull down crowd surfers. I've been kicked in the face far too many times by people trying to "over stay their welcome" so to speak.

that's when you pull off their shoes and throw them on stage or something

saw this guy jump at the show.... TWICE! and get away with it! then some other gentle man tired it. but he did a dance before his leep from the storage area to the left of the stage, only to have some spiderman type security guard first grab him... THEN THROW HIM INTO THE CROWD! thats funny to me. now. the whole balcony jumping topic is weird to me. I've had a friend put into the hospital due to this, my old bass player really fucked up his neck due to a similar situtation. its not cool at all..... but its still cool at the same time. i enjoy that feeling when it happens, but all the same, im not seeing this happen at a smaller place where the drop is much less significant. The danger that accompanied shows used to be part of it. but these types of jumps are simply damaging to EVERYONE involved. then again... i sit back in the balcony like some "overaged alcholic" or whatever he said

i kinda feel like the most punk thing i saw this night was mike falling of stage and taking out his mic. OOOO MAN! it was this wonderful spin(he was drunk beyond his norm in ny) that the thought he pulled off then whoops! off the stage he goes. mic stand included. BEST PART OF THE NIGHT.

I fucking hate stage diving and crowd surfing. I understand the semantics of it all and how it's all "punx rawk" and all that shit, but I'm not a big fan of getting kicked in the face. Stage diver almost broke my nose at a Bouncing Souls show.

And holy fucking shit. When Paint It Black played that free outdoor show outside of Sailor Jerry's in Philly, people were climbing up these very skinny trees and jumping off:

[image]

One of these tree divers gave me a concussion.

ohhh yeah. I mean, the concussion was tooooootally worth it though because that show was sick as hell and probably one of the most unique shows I've been to. I tell people, if I have to get a concussion, I'd rather it be because I'm having a good time instead of something shitty like a car crash or something. I just think sometimes people overdo it is all.