Postcard from William Elliott Whitmore, future 7"

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

On Tuesday, I mentioned in an update the fact that I got a postcard on Monday from an amazing singer/songwriter asking if I would be interested in putting out a 7". It really made my Monday morning to have received a postcard from none other than William Elliott Whitmore. If you read above, you will see that William Elliott Whitmore asked if we would be interested in putting out a 7". He mentions having toured with Tim Barry and Josh Small and that they spoke highly of us. How rad is that?

I called him up and we chatted for a while and man, the guy is fucking cool. He spoke very humbly about his music saying that I could back out at any point. I responded by saying that even if he recorded him farting in a bucket, I would put it out. William is one of my favorite musicians and I am so excited for him that his new album will be coming out on Anti. He said that Anti is also doing vinyl for the album which is very exciting. If only Southern could repress his back catalog, all would be good.

So Glen guessed correctly yesterday at 9:25 am on our blog and won a $15 gift Certificate. Thanks to everyone who made really excellent guesses. Let's hope that some of those guesses leads to some other great singles. Expect more news about the single in the near future. For those wondering about the William Whitmore/Josh Small split, we discussed this, too, and that is still gonna happen. Will might record after he gets home from his current tour. Although we had been planning on doing the single, it was all set up by Josh, not us, so Monday was the first time we ever spoke.

While talking about Will, make sure you get the vinyl for "Ashes to Dust" and the split 7" with Murder by Death which can be found in http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&key=whitmore our store. We just got in more Ashes to Dust and we only have 15 copies of the Murder by Death split left (that one will only be pressed once).

I talked to stevo about William once. He said nothing but good things about him but he also said he was hard to work with because he lived the life he sang about. He would communicate almost solely by postcard. Apparently he was building a barn or a cabin at the time and didn't have regular electricity.

WTF?

I talked to stevo about William once. He said nothing but good things about him but he also said he was hard to work with because he lived the life he sang about. He would communicate almost solely by postcard. Apparently he was building a barn or a cabin at the time and didn't have regular electricity.

WTF?

He was rebuilding his grandpa's cabin.