NBA Discussion

Just read a crazy statistic about the draft lottery.  Only one team has ever won a championship with a player on their roster that they drafted #1 overall from the lottery.  It was the Spurs and they did it twice with David Robinson and 4 times with Tim Duncan (Robinson's two happened at the same time as Duncan's first 2).

nvm thats not true

nvm that nvm, it is true

Just read a crazy statistic about the draft lottery.  Only one team has ever won a championship with a player on their roster that they drafted #1 overall.  It was the Spurs and they did it twice with David Robinson and 4 times with Tim Duncan (Robinson's two happened at the same time as Duncan's first 2).

Wrong. Kareem won with the Bucks, Walton with the Blazers, Magic and Worthy with the Lakers, and Hakeem with the Rockets.

3arl is right because the lottery began in 1985, and all of the guys you mentioned we not lottery picks.

Whelp, I'm expecting the Cavs to make an offer for Kevin Love.

Not a chance that will happen. Love will not resign with the Cavaliers, and besides the #1 pick they don't have anything to offer for Love because no way are they trading Irving. Love will end up with Phoenix or Golden State.

Not a chance that will happen. Love will not resign with the Cavaliers, and besides the #1 pick they don't have anything to offer for Love because no way are they trading Irving. Love will end up with Phoenix or Golden State.

How does he fit with either team. Love wants to win now. GS has a forward logjam.

Yeah, it's going to be with either Golden State, Chicago, or Boston. Maybe Houston. Lakers and Knicks don't have any assets, and I don't see Love wanting to play in Phoenix.

Who does Chicago give up for Love? Same for the Celtics. Neither team has much to give up for Love. The Suns have 3 1st round picks this year and plenty of young players so don't count them out.

Golden State would end up overpaying for Thompson in a couple years. I'd love if the Warrirs traded us Lee, Barnes, and Thompson. But I'm expecting us to get ripped off, because no team ever gets equal value in return when trading a superstar. Plus with Love essentially having one foot out the door, we have no leverage aside from teams getting in a bidding war.

Golden State would end up overpaying for Thompson in a couple years. I'd love if the Warrirs traded us Lee, Barnes, and Thompson. But I'm expecting us to get ripped off, because no team ever gets equal value in return when trading a superstar. Plus with Love essentially having one foot out the door, we have no leverage aside from teams getting in a bidding war.

all 3 Lee, Barnes, and Thompson wouldn't happen.

the #12 pick + Damillo Gallinari + Wilson Chandler + Timofey Mozgov + Raymond Felton + 2 2nd round picks + $3 million

all that for one year of a contract

So a rookie

Gallo = injury prone

Chandler = injury prone

Mozgov = Solid bench player

Got Felton back (even though he couldnt be any worse)

for a top 5 player in the NBA. Ill still take it.

I hope Melo leaves. My team is overdue for a rebuild.