NBA Discussion

Steve Kerr will be the Knicks new head coach, not Mark Jackson. Phil Jackson wants the Knicks to run the Triangle offense next season and since Kerr is extremely familiar with this type of offense he is the most logical choice

As a Knicks fan I've been following this closely. The latest report is that Kerr may be waiting to see what other jobs open up since he's a hot name on the market. I wouldn't mind him as coach but there are better options

They got swept this season. Even if Miami wins it, I doubt they win 4 out of 5.

I guarantee this is the matchup they were dreading

Miami, just like many veteran squads (The Spurs of recent memory and the Kobe/Shaq Lakers) kind of cruise through the regular season. The playoffs are always a different story, besides the fact that KG and Pierce are on their last legs

Miami, just like many veteran squads (The Spurs of recent memory and the Kobe/Shaq Lakers) kind of cruise through the regular season. The playoffs are always a different story, besides the fact that KG and Pierce are on their last legs

Miami won't lose til the ECF, regular season doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

I've never understood this logic. Do you actually think that players on these teams don't really care about whether they lose regular season games? If that's how they felt, then they wouldn't win any games at all.

Regular season does matter. Brooklyn has seen Miami play 4 times this year and figured out how to beat them all 4. The Heat definitely cared about winning and they couldn't do it. And there's no way they're oblivious to the fact that they haven't beat the Nets in over a year.

I'm real excited for Brooklyn/Miami. I don't expect the Nets to win the series, but it would be amazing to see KG and Pierce take down Lebron one more time

I've never understood this logic. Do you actually think that players on these teams don't really care about whether they lose regular season games? If that's how they felt, then they wouldn't win any games at all.

Regular season does matter. Brooklyn has seen Miami play 4 times this year and figured out how to beat them all 4. The Heat definitely cared about winning and they couldn't do it. And there's no way they're oblivious to the fact that they haven't beat the Nets in over a year.

Bulls and Celtics from the past two seasons provides plenty of reason for the logic

Miami won't lose til the ECF, regular season doesn't mean anything in the playoffs.

Exactly. The regular seasons doesn't mean anything in the playoffs. It's different when you are only playing the same team. It comes down to making adjustments between each game. I think that each heat/nets game came down to 1 or 2 points. I think Wade sat out in some of those, and there were probably some that were a second of a back to back, or 4 games in 5 nights, and there are no back to backs in the playoffs.

Coasting is a very real thing, and every team goes through this. A perfect example is Indiana this year. They came out hot, and played with a certain intensity that other teams may not have early in the season. Once teams were in mid season form, their record leveled out.

Becasue the players themselves have said it. "The Playoffs are different" "it's a second season" etc. They definetly turn up the intensity in the playoffs.

My team (The Knicks) beat the Heat 3 out of 4 in the regular season (2012) just to lose 4-1 in the playoffs

I can't wait either.What are your thoughts on this match up? LA always plays the Spurs well. I'm expecting high scoring, with a lot of 3's from both teams.

Lillard played the spurs good as well. It just seems like both teams counter each other's strengths and weaknesses. I think this is going to come down to who can just out push the other just a little bit more.

Lillard played the spurs good as well. It just seems like both teams counter each other's strengths and weaknesses. I think this is going to come down to who can just out push the other just a little bit more.

Lillard and Parker will both be able to get to the paint since they can't guard each other. Last time Patty went off. Maybe Batum will be on Parker like they have done in the past.