NBA Discussion

Kobe is just ridiculous. He does this on a regular basis now. Its at the point where when it comes down to the last shot and the Lakers are down I dont even really worry about it. I pretty much just expect him to make these shots now.

Makes me wonder what would have happened at the end of that Celtics game if Kobe would have been playing.

Yea I got home about halfway thru the 3rd and Mayo played great from what I saw. Put up some nice stats last nite. He totally blew it at the end tho.

Memphis always plays the Lakers really tough. I think within a year or 2 Memphis will be one of the top 5 teams in the West (if they can keep this group together)

What sucks is that Memphis geographically shouldn't be in the West anymore since they are in Memphis. They are in the 10 spot right now with not much separation between the 7-10 seed. If they were in the East like what makes sense now, they would be like the 5 seed as it stands right now. The West has been a much tougher division overall recently but that could all change this next year depending on all the free agent changes. And yes, I think Memphis could be a playoff team if they can stay together and get some good bench help. I'll be so happy when Ronnie Brewer (who played well until he got hurt in his first game) gets back to help the bench out.

I love watching the Lakers beat on the Nuggets, I fucking hate that team.

They understand how to play the Lakers tho. The Lakers bigs can be big pussies sometimes and can be pushed around by a team like Denver and Denver knows it. Was glad to see a few of the Lakers get aggressive in the second half yesterday. Love how Artest is playing lately. He drew a offensive 6th foul on Carmello yesterday with about 3 minutes left.

Bynum should be playing more minutes. One thing that the Lakers have over Denver is their size. They dont have anyone who can guard Bynum and he hardly got any minutes yesterday.

to your last point travis: it's because phil jackson realizes that yesterday's game meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. bynum needs to be fresh and (more importantly) healthy for the playoffs, not for some shitty game in february.

the really good NBA coaches have realized that the regular season is all but meaningless, and play it accordingly. the bulls' 72-10 record will never be touched because frankly, there's no point in going for it. why wear down your guys in an effort to win 73 games if it means putting yourself at a possible disadvantage come playoff time? if your team is good enough to shoot for that record in the first place, there's no reason you should ever lose a playoff series.

Yea I totally get that and you're right, in the grand scheme of thing that game means nothing.

Its still nice to get a win during the season against a team you will most likely meet in the Western Conference Finals tho.

They didnt NEED that win at all but its just a nice win to have during the season, especially since they got beat by double digits the first 2 times they played (once without Mello).

Lakers will win the west pretty easily and once the playoffs start the reg. season doesnt mean shit.

One of the funniest things happened all year in the Lakers/Magic game yesterday.

Anyone see where Kobe was guarding Barnes who was bringing the ball in? Barnes tried to kinda punk Kobe and fake like he was going to throw it at Kobe's face (who was about 6 inches away) and Kobe didnt even blink.

Barnes was being a douche bag most of the game. He kept instigating shit with Kobe.

They were going at it all game so Barnes was trying to fuck with Kobe and get under his skin. That pretty much never works.

Lakers first 3-game losing streak since Gasol joined the team. Oh well.

They were going at it all game so Barnes was trying to fuck with Kobe and get under his skin. That pretty much never works.

I thought Barnes did a great job defending Kobe yesterday. Kobe had a sub-par shooting night and his frustration during the game was obvious. I think Barnes was a huge part of that. I would say he definitely got under Kobe's skin.

It was fun to watch. I'm surprised both of them didn't get ejected.

I thought Barnes did a great job defending Kobe yesterday. Kobe had a sub-par shooting night and his frustration during the game was obvious. I think Barnes was a huge part of that. I would say he definitely got under Kobe's skin.

It was fun to watch. I'm surprised both of them didn't get ejected.

I dont think either should have been ejected, maybe Barnes cause he was just being a douche. Kobe was pretty much just reacting to whatever Barnes did, he was instigating everything.

It was just hilarious when Barnes faked throwing the ball in Kobes face and Kobe didnt even blink haha.

Kobe hit that 2 at the end that he thought was a 3 but just didnt hit the next one at the buzzer. I dont think it had anything to do with Barnes. He played good defense but that doesnt really matter when you're defending Kobe. I dont think he got under Kobe's skin at all. Its almost impossible to get Kobe to start playing those stupid little games that a lot of guys try to bait him into.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':i2bu99da]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':i2bu99da]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Yea that was the funniest thing Ive seen in an NBA game in a long time. Just made Barnes look really dumb.

Kobe only throws elbows around in retaliation, usually when he thinks he's getting fouled a lot and it isnt being called. Then Kobe seems to get physical and starts getting a little rough. Kobe put his elbow out cause Barnes intentionally swung into him after dunking. Kobe wasnt doing anything dirty, Barnes was going way out of his way to start shit.

Is it fucking playoff time yet?? Damn Im so ready for those games to start!

What a great game! I enjoyed watching them go at it the whole time. It was crazy how Kobe didn't even flinch though. I got all amped when Barnes hit that 3 on Kobe and then Kobe did the same to him at the other side. Barnes couldn't have guarded him any better. Crazy shot.

I love that feisty shit from Barnes as well. I got tired of the Magic being so soft in years past.

I really thought that Kobe was going to hit that final shot. I can't believe that the Magic did not double him. Stupid.

It was just a physical game in general and a great win for the Magic.

the magic won, i'd say it worked huh.

I meant the bullshit he was pulling by trying to get under Kobe's skin. That never works. He doesnt allow anyone to play head games with him. He's got to be hands-down the strongest player mentally in the NBA. I dont think he missed that last shot cause of anything Barnes did. He knocks those game winning shots down more often than not it seems. I think he just missed the shot on his own.

What a great game! I enjoyed watching them go at it the whole time. It was crazy how Kobe didn't even flinch though. I got all amped when Barnes hit that 3 on Kobe and then Kobe did the same to him at the other side. Barnes couldn't have guarded him any better. Crazy shot.

I love that feisty shit from Barnes as well. I got tired of the Magic being so soft in years past.

I really thought that Kobe was going to hit that final shot. I can't believe that the Magic did not double him. Stupid.

It was a very very good, physical game for sure. They should have tossed Barnes tho earlier in the game for all the little bullshit he was doing and trying to start shit. He got T'd up once and very easily could have been T'd up a couple more times.

Those 3's that Kobe and Barnes knocked down at the end were pretty insane. Kobe was almost out of bounds down in the corner with Barnes all over him and he still knocked it down. Crazy shot.

I think the playoffs will be even better this year and Id say they were pretty awesome last year.

It was a very very good, physical game for sure. They should have tossed Barnes tho earlier in the game for all the little bullshit he was doing and trying to start shit. He got T'd up once and very easily could have been T'd up a couple more times.

Those 3's that Kobe and Barnes knocked down at the end were pretty insane. Kobe was almost out of bounds down in the corner with Barnes all over him and he still knocked it down. Crazy shot.

I think the playoffs will be even better this year and Id say they were pretty awesome last year.

I know man, I can't wait until the playoffs! Then again, I don't have cable right now, because my wife got laid off. She better get a damn job and quick!

Man, looks like the Lake Show might have some competition out there now with Dallas. They have been looking great since that trade went down. They might be battling with you guys for that 1 seed.