NBA Discussion

Have you been to a Celtics game? I agree somewhat, but he nails a 3 at home down by 9, and the entire Garden LIGHTS up. Nate Robinson is not a force. When he is on, he is a fun player to watch, which is about 40-50% of the time. Then you get ZERO defense and some of the most ridiculous shot selections in the entire NBA.

Case in point: Eddie house always gives 100%.

Robinson's FG% is 47.5%, House's is 40%. They are basically the same from 3 point range, House at 38% and Robinson at 37%.

Given the rest of their stats are basically the same, I'd say its an upgrade for the Celtics. Robinson is a far more dynamic scorer than House is and is six years younger. He's never been on a good team, never had a teammate like Garnett. He's got a ton of room for improvement, sure but I'd much rather have Nate than Eddie House.

And, lastly, the Lakers can't guard small, quick guards which describes Nate to a tee.

Everyone's gearing up to try and stop the Lake Show. In the SI players poll they polled about 175 NBA players on who would win Finals this year. The Lakers got like 60% of the vote. I think they said the Cavs only got 1 vote and I dont think players can vote for their own team.

Honestly tho, who the fuck is going to beat them 4 times in 7 games? I just dont see that happening unless Kobe or Gasol goes down for the rest of the year.

Lakers do have a tough time guarding small, really quick guards but they can stop Nate Robinson no problem. Neither House or Robinson are going to make any team better than the Lakers.

I would take House over Nate Robinson tho.

nate robinson was benched by his coach for 2 weeks+ because he's an asshole. with his size, he's too small be a SG, but his ballhandling skills aren't good enough to be a good PG. he tries to be a 1-on-1 player, but that doesn't win games. statistics can be misleading.

from all accounts i've heard, House is a great dude in the locker room and works hard in practice as well. i'd much rather have that on my team than Nate Robinson. but, like i said, i wouldn't go out of my way to have either of them. if i had to pick one, though, i'd pick House 100 times before i picked Nate once.

Well then its seem you and I are diametrically opposing in our opinion. Great. I still say Robinson is better. He's not the first player to be benched by his coach for attitude issues. And again, on the Celtics its totally plausible his attitude completely changes.

And I have to disagree the Lakers can easily stop Robinson, there's not a person on the team to guard him. You pulling Kobe off Allen? Fisher can't do it. Maybe Brown or Farmar can but I doubt it. Sasha can't for sure.

For me, on a team full of good locker room guys, one "bad" locker room can be added without disrupting the apple cart and from a talent perspsective Robinson has far more than House right now and is younger.

It wouldnt worry me one bit put put Fisher, Farmar or Brown on Robinson.

That guy is average at best.

Did the trade with him going to Boston go thru?

Honestly, he would be the last thing on my mind if the Lakers were playing Boston. Id be worrying about stopping Pierce, Rondo, Garnett, Allen, Wallace...

I'd really hate to see House go because like said, when he is on, he kills it and the whole play goes crazy and he is a really awesome guy from all I've seen. However I've been excited about the idea of Nate Robinson coming to the Celtics ever since it was rumored like a month ago. I think he will be really good and will finally have a solid team around him that he can grow with. I never thought House would be the guy to go though. I wish he'd stay and Rasheed Wallace or some other random bench guy would go because I really like House. No one wants Wallace though even though he is a pretty good scorer. This could honestly go either way with him, he could be exactly the new energy they need or it could just blow up on them. I don't know but something needs to change.

I agree the Lakers big men should be able to handle the Celtics big men but Nate Robinson is not going to do enough to give the Celtics the edge in that series.

Im just saying Im WAY more worried about Garnett, Wallace, Rondo, Allen and Pierce going off for a huge game and beating the Lakers than Nate Robinson. Putting any of the 3 guards I listed above on Robinson would not worry me one bit. If he were on the Celtics he would be about the 8 or 9th best player on that team.

I agree the Lakers big men should be able to handle the Celtics big men but Nate Robinson is not going to do enough to give the Celtics the edge in that series.

Im just saying Im WAY more worried about Garnett, Wallace, Rondo, Allen and Pierce going off for a huge game and beating the Lakers than Nate Robinson. Putting any of the 3 guards I listed above on Robinson would not worry me one bit. If he were on the Celtics he would be about the 8 or 9th best player on that team.

While this could be true, it could also leave the door open for Nate to step up and blow players away that aren't expecting it. I'm just worried about the older players staying healthy down the stretch.

While this could be true, it could also leave the door open for Nate to step up and blow players away that aren't expecting it. I'm just worried about the older players staying healthy down the stretch.

Nate Robinson is a good player. He isnt the guy of player who will take any team over the top tho. I dont see the Celtics being any better than they already were by adding Robinson.

Bummed to see the Bulls get rid of Salmons, but if they can pick up D. Wade and Rose keeps playing like he has for the last season and a half they'll be a legit playoff contender.

Is there talk of D. Wade going to the Bulls? That would be awesome, I still really like the Bulls but nothing compares to the Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman days.

Also stoked Memphis got a win tonight in OT. The need a huge trade for some decent bench players. They got outscored by bench players by almost 30 tonight. The bench hardly ever gets many points though which is their problem. The bench came in tonight and blew a 16 point lead in the first quarter.

Bummed to see the Bulls get rid of Salmons, but if they can pick up D. Wade and Rose keeps playing like he has for the last season and a half they'll be a legit playoff contender.

Is there talk of D. Wade going to the Bulls? That would be awesome, I still really like the Bulls but nothing compares to the Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman days.

Bulls will never be as fun to watch as they were then, definitely.

There has been speculation about Wade coming to Chicago for a while. He's from Chicago and his mom lives there and runs a church.

Getting rid of Salmons gives us another $6 million to play with. We're definitely going after a big name; Wade just seems to make the most sense. There's also talk about going after LeBron, Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer. I don't think LeBron will leave Cleveland, and I think Wade and Rose would have better results than Rose and James anyway.

There has been speculation about Wade coming to Chicago for a while. He's from Chicago and his mom lives there and runs a church.

Getting rid of Salmons gives us another $6 million to play with. We're definitely going after a big name; Wade just seems to make the most sense. There's also talk about going after LeBron, Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer. I don't think LeBron will leave Cleveland, and I think Wade and Rose would have better results than Rose and James anyway.

I'm not a huge Lebron fan or anything but I could get behind him coming to the Bulls to bring them back to their glory days. I love Derrick Rose and Thomas and Noah so that would be pretty awesome.

I'm not a huge Lebron fan or anything but I could get behind him coming to the Bulls to bring them back to their glory days. I love Derrick Rose and Thomas and Noah so that would be pretty awesome.

Noah is legit, but I don't like Tyrus. He's a really selfish shooter and a couple games back he went off on Vinny. We're (apparently) trading him to Charlotte for Flip Murray today.

Noah is legit, but I don't like Tyrus. He's a really selfish shooter and a couple games back he went off on Vinny. We're (apparently) trading him to Charlotte for Flip Murray today.

Yeah Thomas is gone now. Bulls should be able to land a huge free agent next year with all this cap space.

Also Memphis just got Ronnie Brewer from the Jazz. I don't know much about him but he has to be better than some bench players we have now.

ronnie brewer is going to be a really solid player in a year or two. he kind of reminds me of a brandon roy type. maybe not THAT talented, but the tier right below. same type of skill set. very smart kid.

i'm pretty stoked on the bulls trades today. now there's no excuse not to land one of the big 3 this offseason.

at the beginning of this season, lebron announced that next year he would change his number from 23 to 6.

(i'm not saying this facetiously) there is no doubt in my mind that his intention is and always has been to play in chicago if they go after him. he's one of two players (kobe being the other) that LOVE the comparisons to MJ.

in case you don't remember, or just never heard, kobe was literally minutes away from signing with the bulls when the whole kobe/shaq shit was fuming in LA. at the last moment, the lakers told him that they'd give him the keys to the car and tell shaq to fuck off, so kobe decided to stay. could you imagine how different the NBA would be today if kobe had come to chicago back then?

i also wouldn't mind having D-Wade. i think he's a great community ambassador as well as his obvious talent on the court. i'm just not 100% sold on his long-term health.

i'm not the biggest fan of bosh. i'm not sure why. i never have been. something about him just rubs me the wrong way. in my opinion, he's definitely not on the same plane as wade, and wade is not on the same plane as lebron.

My NBA Heirarchy:

Tier 1 - Kobe

Tier 1.5 - Lebron

Tier 2 - Wade, Dwight Howard, Carmelo, Chris Paul

Tier 3 - Bosh, Dirk, Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, KG, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Joe Johnson

I think LeBron actually has more physical ability than Kobe but nothing near the same kind of mental game.

I'm pretty much with you Dan except I put Howard in Tier 3. His game just isn't well-rounded. I don't even care about the free throw thing as much as he's got nothing from 8-10 feet consistently. He needs moves with both hands around the basket but not at the rim.