NBA Discussion

Im just saying the idea of trying to keep big name players from going to major market teams is pointless. Usually, thats where the best players want to go. The trade that would have sent him to the Lakers was fair but the other owners just didnt want the Lakers to get someone like Paul and possibly Howard.

It will be fun to watch him play with Griffin this year tho. He's going to be catching lobs all year long.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else pissed the season started? I wish the NBA died and never returned.

Not at all, I fucking love watching basketball.

Luckily my Angels are going to be awesome this year cause this is going to be a looooong season for Laker fans, holy shit do they suck! For the first time ever the Clippers are going to be better than the Lakers. Thats just weird.

Wow the Lakers smashed on NY. Until the Knicks get a PG I dont think they are ready to contend for a title in the East. Lakers are a weird team this year, they could win it all or they could be like 6 or 7 in the West. Good to see Kobe look so good last nite.

If the Lakers dont win it all I hope OKC does. Been watching them over the past couple years and I really like that team, even though they are likely to be the Lakers toughest competition in the West.

RUBIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic that the wolves can make the playoffs this year...

also, did anyone watch the game and hear the (twolves') commentators say "there's blood everywhere!" never thought I hear that during an nba game...

(michael beasley got his finger hit by the ball (worse than it sounds), went to the bench riving in pain, and was seen mouthing "oh, shit, that's my bone!". during the ~2 minute clean-up delay, one commentator said "I think there's blood on the ball", to which the other commentator responded "there's blood everywhere!")

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34146567

Anyone else pissed the season started? I wish the NBA died and never returned.

Luckily my Angels are going to be awesome this year cause this is going to be a looooong season for Laker fans, holy shit do they suck! For the first time ever the Clippers are going to be better than the Lakers. Thats just weird.

Don't get ahead of yourself ... the Angels are going to suck this year just like they suck every year.

Don't get ahead of yourself ... the Angels are going to suck this year just like they suck every year.

Well you obviously have no clue about what you're talking about here. Feel free to take this to the MLB thread if you'd like though.

Sixers haven't exactly had a difficult start to the season, but to start on a 5 game west coast swing.. the last team to play at home, and they're currently 5-2. They have very balanced scoring, every night multiple guys with double digit points. Spencer Hawes, never would of thought he'd be playing like he is. They still just need a closer, that one guy to be trusted with the ball with the clock running down.

The new owners are really getting the fans into it, (running great deals like buy 3 get 3 free tickets for as low as $30 and shit). and Doug Collins is truly great, is so hard not to get inspired by this guy.

Sixers haven't exactly had a difficult start to the season, but to start on a 5 game west coast swing.. the last team to play at home, and they're currently 5-2. They have very balanced scoring, every night multiple guys with double digit points. Spencer Hawes, never would of thought he'd be playing like he is. They still just need a closer, that one guy to be trusted with the ball with the clock running down.

The new owners are really getting the fans into it, (running great deals like buy 3 get 3 free tickets for as low as $30 and shit). and Doug Collins is truly great, is so hard not to get inspired by this guy.

Dude, love the BMW Feeny thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty insane article. The Lakers are the most valuable franchise in the NBA worth $900M.

Kobe himself is worth $780M with salary/endorsements. Thats fucking unreal. He's worth as much as the second most valuable franchise in the NBA, the Knicks

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-us-nba-forbes-teamstre80o291-20120125,0,1524518.story

Pretty insane article. The Lakers are the most valuable franchise in the NBA worth $900M.

Kobe himself is worth $780M with salary/endorsements. Thats fucking unreal. He's worth as much as the second most valuable franchise in the NBA, the Knicks

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-us-nba-forbes-teamstre80o291-20120125,0,1524518.story

eat that, lebron! and kobe doesn't even need to have a lame, online cartoon series!

any idea where theres video? my twitter blew up over that.

also cant believe this game isnt on tv. yeah, it turned into a blow-out.. but these are two of the biggest teams in the league.